When I give my boyfriend oral, I get bad diarrhea after. How can I prevent this? What causes it?
Sex & Intimacy / 5:59 PM - Monday August 17, 2009

Whenever my boyfriend ejaculates during oral, I get really bad diarrhea afterwards. I've even felt sick to my stomach and almost threw up one time. Is there something that is in his semen that is causing this? Will it eventually stop? Or is there something that I can do to prevent this from happening everytime?

have anal sex after - not before....

- Response by rollinhigheh, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Diarrhea is your body flooding your intestine with water to flush out toxins before they're absorbed into your blood stream.

Now, semen is, generally speaking, pretty clean stuff. I mean, it's got his swimmers in it! If bacteria were prone to showing up in ejaculate, we'd have alot more messed up and disabled people out there. Also, it's probably nothing to do with urine, since that's also sterile plus men release an acid that burns away the urine so it won't effect the sperm.

Much more likely is that the bacteria is cropping up on the outside. It might be on his junk, if he doesn't wash properly. But what I think is more likely is that it's from your hands if you're not washing them before. I think most people use their hands even during a blowjob, and hands are filthy. Try washing them thoroughly beforehand, and then see how you feel.

If it's ONLY when he ejaculates, then you might be allergic to it. That's rare, but it happens. My only suggestions are putting a condom on him before he goes (they even come in flavors) OR he simply doesn't ejaculate in your mouth. Offer him some other body part, like your stomach or breasts-- I bet he gets off on that just as well. Just keep that stuff AWAY from your eyes!! Stings like a bitch, and I heard it can cause blindness. Good luck!

- Response by anela1988, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

If your boyfriend smokes tobacco or drinks alot of alcohol it could be the PH level of the semen mucus.

- Response by A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 29-35, Newark, Technical

OMG this happens to me too! it never happened with any other guys i have dated, only my current boyfriend. he does smoke marijuana daily, so at first i thought maybe i was allrgic to that. but i smoked weed in high school and it never had a bad effect on me. i thought maybe an allergy to his semen but it doesnt leave any topical rases or discomfort at all. jsut awful awful diarrhea. its not quite as bad if i have food in my stomach first but it still does happen

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Retail

Wow! I've got this same problem. I've swallowed semen in the past with other boyfriends and had no problems at all, however, with my current boyfriend I'm having the reaction of severe diarrhoea. It only happens when he ejaculates so, in terms of the his cleanliness, I don't think that's an issue.
One thing I have considered is his diet. He's a vegetarian and eats a large amount of Quorn. We have considered the possibility of Quorn being broken down in his system and then becoming toxic in my tummy when ingested via his semen.
For now, our solution is for him to ejaculate in places other than my mouth. If anyone does have a solution or an actual medical explanation, it would be fantastic.
Also, to the people saying "you can't get diarrhoea from semen", yes you can.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, London

it can happen. I am a dude and me and friend always do crazy dares. I lost a bet and had to save a drink three loads (my own) a couple hours later i had very bad diarrhea. The sperm kinda asks like saline the doctor gives men before a colon exam.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Student

All these people saying "no it doesn't cause diarrhea" don't know what they're talking about. It can. I get it. I'm perfectly healthy and so is my boyfriend. He doesn't smoke/drink/anything, and I don't either. When I give him oral, the ONLY times I get diarrhea are the times I swallow. Hmm, I wonder what causes it :).

The question to this forum is not whether you can get a diarrhea from semen or not. Please do not respond to this question, unless you are answering the question. It's just so annoying that people just feel like they can say anything without addressing the question.

Anyway, to the main topic:

I love taste of semen, and depending on the guy I'm with, I also get diarrhea. It's funny because it depends on whom, but not when. When I was with this particular guy, my stomach would feel very weird or I have diarrhea every time I had his semen. But other guys I don't. And as someone mentioned, if I don't take semen, I don't have diarrhea. So it's not cleanliness thing. I think it may be lactic acid, which some guys' semen does contain in larger quantity than others. I do have lactic intolerance. Those who have had diarrhea problems - do you have lactic acid intolerance?

M

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45

I get it as well, but not all the time. It may be his PH level or maybe some supplement hes takeing that does not agree with you. I haven't figured it out yet. but it definatly happens.

- Response by ughla, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45

Yes. I got diarrhea after swallowing his semen. Never happened before- but I never swallowed 'his' semen before either. I think it maybe bcuz I didn't wash my hands. Or maybe bcuz he smokes cigarettes- I don't kno. But- I'm on the toilet now.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Washington, DC, Medical / Dental

I experience the same problem with my current boyfriend; however, have not had the same issue with previous partners. I feel nauseas (although I've never vomited) and will have diarrhea two hours after we have oral sex. I do not have any other reactions. My boyfriend does not smoke or drink excessively; he (and I) are very hygenic and maintain a balanced diet. If it is potentially a PH problem, how can that be 'corrected'?

I use to give blowjobs to several guys aged 17 to 23 years old for many years long and always swallowed it because I like it, but there is a sex friend that I am seeing nowadays, he is aged 23 and does not drink alcohol and no tobaccon but for 3 times I sswallowed his sperm, I've got hard diarrhea for some hours. I think I will stop swallowing his sperm, very bad for me, but only him and this is the first time I met a guy with this bad speciality.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Nice

Semen contains alot of compounds...salts, sugars, proteins, etc and of course sperm. It varies from male to male and with diet. Some if these compounds cause water to accumulate in your intestines in the same fashion that some laxitives will. A sudden increase in water in your lower intestine will cause diarrhea. Salts if magnesium and potassium along with fructose ( a sugar) will have this effect and they are all present in semen. The amounts carry from one guy to thenext and their diet . What you have eaten or drank will also contribute.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Columbus

This same thing just started happening to me also. Never with any other parter and it does not happen if I do not swallow. It is definitely caused by his ejaculate. He is clean and healthy. Before this happened to me I too would have thought it sounded strange, people just can't relate until it happens to them obviously.

My doc said that there is an enzyme in semen which breaks down mucus membranes in order to get to the egg. Some men have much more of this enzyme and it can cause diarrhea, especially on an empty stomach.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles

I am a gay male and I agree. I have sucked off a number of guys and with certain guys I have the same reaction. I use to suck my ex off almost everyday and never felt sick, but the guy I am now seeing the first time and every time since i have experienced nausea and diarrhea about an hour after swallowing his load. Have had similar experience with a couple other guys from my past.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

You could be allergic to it or maybe he isn't that clean...see what happens with a condom on it....Jim

- Response by regimin, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Boston, Self-Employed

Semen will not give you diarrea. Truly absurd.

- Response by shanegalang, A Rebel, Male, 66 or older, Consulting

Swallowing isn't necessary. Just go to the bathroom afterwards and spit it out, especially if it's making you sick.

- Response by kasialace51, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35

Semen cannot make you sick like that, no way. Some women CAN have allergic reactions to the protein in semen but this causes symptoms like burning, irritation, redness in the area--not diarrhea. This is very unusual and I would guess that it has nothing to do with his semen. How long has this been going on for? If it happens a lot over a long period of time, maybe ask your doctor about it? I have no idea honestly but I doubt it's an allergy.

- Response by dinkylorenzo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, New York, Artist / Musician / Writer

Oh my. Maybe you're allergic to him?

- Response by lakerboy96, A Creative, Male, 29-35

SPIT

- Response by wallvis, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

It's psychosematic -- in your head -- not in his semen.

If you don't like swallowing his load, don't.

But it doesn't give you diarrhea.