Got fired for masterbating at work
Sex & Intimacy / 4:07 PM - Monday August 17, 2009

got fired for masterbating at work

last week my boss caught me masterbating in the bathroom and fired me, is this right? should i fight this?

i am a great worker and have gotten all good reviews on performance evaluations. i work in a restaurant and weather i am peeing, pooping or masterbating i always wash my hands after using the bathroom.

- Asked by A Career Man, Male, 22-25, Los Angeles, Other Profession

Ask him if he has ever done this. Then you have a case because you know he has.

aaaaaand that concludes dining out EVER again...

jesus...

- Response by rollinhigheh, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

The only way to get caught is if you were doing it in the open, WHICH MEANS YOU WANTED OTHER MEN TO SEE YOU MASTURBATING. FAG!

- Response by lmarks, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Wait ...which bathroom were you in again?

- Response by istillhatescreennames, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older

how could you get caught... unless you wanted too. so your boss figures you're a perv and fired you for that. like couldn't you have stopped when he walked in. furthermore, why would you want to work there anymore when you know everone now knows about what you did. you want to be ridiculed by the rest of the staff for the durration of you employment there. move on buddy, and be a little more descrete next time.

- Response by guy5432, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

Just tell him it's a medical condition.

- Response by zerotohero2, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

There is a time and place for everything private. In a public restroom was not the place for what you did. Especially a dining facility. Washed hands or not, that is a disgusting impression your boss will see at your next review. Why wait till then leave now and spare your dignity, if you have any.

- Response by emeraldrain, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Alternative Medicine

It's a fact that all men pleasures himself but if you get caught then you pay the price. Chalk this up as a learning experience and try to engage in more secretive methods in the future.

- Response by hoteric, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Houston, Technical

Would you patronize a restaurant after hearing there is a possibility of an employee masturbating in the bathroom? It doesn't matter whether you wash your hands or not...in this situation it is inappropriate because you handle food.

- Response by cocoacurevelous, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 46-55, Administrative

What he fired you for was unprofessional conduct on the clock. Dude. You couldn't wait? That's pretty sad.

Tell him you had the 'stone ache' & was 'tormented' by that pent-up load, & you just had to relieve yourself...lol

- Response by billpayer, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

apparently you need to work in a
much busier restaurant.
you've got too much time on your hands!

- Response by kitkat19, A Thinker, Female, 56-65

Lol this is so funny. You lost your job for masturbating and you work in a restaurant!!

What the hell?! You couldn't wait til you got home?

OMG this is just too funny.

Yeah sure go ahead and fight it if you want, but I am guessing you won't get very far. Maybe you should spend less time masturbating and more time focusing on work while you're at work.

- Response by npink22, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28

Were you doing it out in the open? why not in a closed stall like everyone else? Your boss knows that this could get back to the customers and since you're a food handler this could be detrimental to business...most customers realize that workers don't really was their hands all the time...and he probably thought that you were a little stuped doing where he could find you...and he only wants smart people working for him...you won't get far trying to fight this....Jim

- Response by regimin, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Boston, Self-Employed

Haha...um, couldn't you have waited until you got home? I mean, how long IS your working day? Really..

- Response by kasialace51, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35

It really wouldn't have mattered whether you were banging a waitress in the stall with the door closed or jacking off. It's considered inappropriate behavior on the workplace and hopefully you will learn this lesson. I don't think you've learned it yet though otherwise you wouldn't have asked this question which implies a lack of insight into appropropriate workplace behavior and what workplace bathrooms are supposed to be utilized for.

- Response by joybird, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Dude, why couldn't wait till you were at your house?? That is inappropriate behavior at the work place period. It doesn't matter what kind of worker you are.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

Eeeew, you work in a restaurant! That is so wrong!

DO NOT FIGHT THIS and DO NOT ASK THEM TO PRoVIDE YOU WITH REFERENCES...

- Response by brokenwriter20, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, London, Student

Cud u tell me where this restaurant is so that I wont go eat there? Ewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

A word of advice in ur resume or application for a next job please dont put ur last job on it. Cause they would definitely ask u why u left. And it wont be nice to say "I got fired cause I was masturbating in the work bathroom." That wouldnt sound good at all.

Again Ewwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Learn to have some self-control it will help in the future.

- Response by Sexyilious, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Student

Get real there is know way you could have a career at your age.And if you do it is proably a career in masturbating.My who helped you come up with this one?

- Response by roanna, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

I sure as hell don`t want you anywhere near my food. pervert!!!

- Response by rantingmadman, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Transportation

y u had to to that at work? couldn't you wait till you got home?

- Response by sweetness20, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Tampa, Administrative

how did he know?

That was pretty stupid, but hopefully you've learned from that terrible experience. If you had gone into a stall with door closed, no one would have been the wiser....

choking the chicken would be the last thing on my mind at work!You deserved it!

- Response by usarmy24id, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Celebrity

OMG!!! lmao!!!!

- Response by naughtysaint, Female, 29-35, Miami, Home Maker