He said he would call, and he didn't. Should I call him?
Sex & Intimacy / 2:03 AM - Monday August 17, 2009

This is my ex-boyfriend, by the way, but I still considered him my best friend. He said he would call in a couple hours... yesterday afternoon. And I got nada-- not even a text or an email.

I'm super bored, but I don't want to seem like I'm harassing him. Plus I'm a little peeved that he never called me back, and I don't want the call to turn into an argument...

- Asked by anela1988, A Thinker, Female, 26-28

You have to be on top of the game with the ex bf.

Don't call him, if he calls, take the same amount of time that he didn't call you when he said he will to answer him, if he asked then tell him he has taught you that then why is he complaining?, I think you still expect from him but baby, if he didn't put effort to be your *friends* then he ain't getting any benefits in that package, left alone no hunky honky or break-up sex EVER if he didn't ask nicely baby

Best

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

Yeah, he's definitely messing with your head and isn't worth the time, energy or worry. Still, I know how it feels. The thing is that you have to face the truth, and the sooner the better. Trust me, I've had my share of guys who - looking back - didn't deserve my time or effort. But I encourage you to be strong, even if you don't feel it right now. At least ACT strong, and definitely don't initiate any further contact. I mean, haven't you ever had a guy e-mail/text/call you on a regular basis that you just didn't want to reply to? We've all blown people off before, and unfortunately, it sounds like he's doing exactly this to you. Don't make any more moves. Make him wonder about you, what you're doing, and so on. Guys are fans of the thrill of the chase and love a challenge. The less available you appear, the more you're going to cross his mind. Trust me. Works like a charm!

- Response by kasialace51, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35

Well if a girlfriend didn't call you back how would you react? Would you call her up and bitch her out, would you be this upset, etc. or would you assume that she got busy and forgot?

Sounds to me like you still have some lingering feelings for this guy. If you didn't then you would blow something like this off. Why are you waiting around for a phone call from him? You should have your own life now, and in the end he's no longer accountable to you anyhow.