Does your vagina swell during sex?
Sex & Intimacy / 1:47 PM - Sunday August 16, 2009

Does your vagina swell during sex?

75% of the time, my opening and lips get swollen during sex. Its annoying...I can feel it during sex start to swell, maybe its the lube? 75% of the time we use lube...maybe thats the problem, we have to learn how to work my juices then...thanks for the help, I think I answered my own question. ha

Update: August 16, 2009.
I dont really get aroused during sex, so I dont think its the blood from the excitement.  I like having sex because of the act with my fiance, but orgasmically does nothing.

- Asked by fallingalive, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

If the sex is a bit rough, no amount of lube will stop the swelling... The vagina is trying to protect itself... And thank you for using the right term... As a woman I appreciate that a great deal...

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

Well that means that 75% of the time... you're turned on and ready for sex. It's natural for the labia to become swollen and even a bit drawn back during sexual excitement, this all happens because blood is rushing to said organ of the body.

Hope that helped you :) it's perfectly normal and has nothing to do with the lube. Next time... blame your husband or s/o for it. Cause he's doing the RIGHT thing.

- Response by kiokogirl, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Maybe you are allergic to something in the lube or condoms...?

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Student

What a coincidence.I have the same problem with my penis.everytime I start to have sex it swells up out of control.

- Response by shanegalang, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Transportation

That's normal. The friction, although mild, causes your lips to swell. That just shows that you had some good sex.

- Response by trhjr1, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Actually, yes, it does swell some. The blood engorgement you get for the excitement of sex. If, however, it is uncomfortable for you or there are other signs of discomfort, then perhaps you need to ask a physician on that one. Otherwise, its normal.

- Response by ecgjyt, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Medical / Dental

Ah HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYTHING down there "swells" although it is really "engorges" with blood due to how the body responses during this type of activity. If it didn't your vagina wouldn't be able to accommodate his penis. And his penis would not get hard and large, as that is his body responding like yours does.

When sexually arounsed the vagina secretions increases; the vagina enlarges slights and lifts up off the pelvic floor. Blood rushes to this area and all those areas become engorged with blood making all the nerve endings sensitive.

So, since this is how the body works, you better get use to it as there is no other way to prevent it.

Now if you feel the lubrication is causing an allergic reaction, that is a different story. With that allergic type swelling, it would possibly be itchy or somewhat painful and hot to the touch, red and inflamed looking.

Otherwise, it is just how it is when having sex and all that friction going on. And yes, your "stuff" will look bright pink but won't hurt or sting. And one way to check yourself and to know your body very well is, check it out when you masturbate alone and see how "pink" it is after you orgasm. Especially if you use a vibrator or dildo. That will show you what your body's natural response is.

No uncommon at all. it's the blood rushing to that area.

- Response by cubbiegal, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Administrative

Of course.

It's entirely normal for a woman's vagina to get swollen during sex. I suggest that you further your education a bit.

It could be an allergic reaction to the condoms or the lubricate you use. It could also be pelvic imflammatory disease. Go make an appointment.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

if u are using condoms while having sex it could be the latex and u could be latex sensitive.

Woman try using a vibrator on yourself while he is thrusting..

- Response by humpdaddy, A Jock, Male, 46-55, Columbus, Other Profession

Maybe there is something in the lube that is causing the swelling or maybe you need to stop using the lube so much...but then again, if you need to use lube you probably aren't 'wet' enough right...maybe try a different lube and see if the swelling still happens...:D