Well my boyfriend seems to take his phone with him every place! Even when im in the room!
Dating / 10:56 AM - Saturday August 15, 2009

...He says that he has nothing to hide, but DAMN this is the second time ive noticed that hes taken his phone in the bathroom with him to take a shower while im there! I want to say something because its starting to irritate me!

- Asked by jintelligent25, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Retail

He has to sleep sometime!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like either he's been single too long or he's cheating like a dog, and keeping you from picking it up and going through it to find all his ho's.

Get it off your chest now, it will only get bigger if you keep it to yourself. Get it out and on the table now...find the solution and move on.

- Response by uasked, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, Retired

He will only wonder WHY you are so concerned about his phone!! and WHY are you? It reminds me that when I was married my husband never left his wallet unattended for one second!! lol.

Prime indicator of him having something to hide. Speak your mind!

- Response by king313, An Engaged Guy, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Who Cares?

I take my phone into the bathroom with me when I shower...but I have a good reason.

My house is on the market, and I've had realtors call from the bottom of my drive, and want to show my house. I'm "understandedably" frightened, that I might walk out of the bathroom to find strangers in my home, if I miss a call!

For you and your boyfriend...there are trust issues. He doesn't trust you to stay out of his phone (whether he has anything to hide or not), and you don't trust him, as this bugs you.

In any case...the distrust sucks...deserved or not. Don't think I'd stick around. :(

Do you think your boyfriend is cheating on you? Do you believe he doesn't trust you, because he feels you will go through his phone or look to see who's calling? Or, do you believe your boyfriend simply doesn't want to not be able to answer his phone, or believes he deserves his privacy? I know that his actions can cause you to wonder what's going on, even when you were secure and wouldn't have disrespected his privacy before. But, don't get frustrated. Simply ask him why he feels the need to take his phone everywhere or walk away when he gets a phone call? While I totally understand that he is an adult and has every right to his privacy. I do believe if you have nothing to hide, you usually don't have to go somewhere else where you don't want your girlfriend/boyfriend, to hear what you're saying.

You also don't feel the need if you are not causing distrust in some way, to believe your s/o is going to look at it when you're not around it. I have never felt the need to reject calls, whisper, leave the room, or take my phone with me in the presence of any man. Because, I know I have nothing to hide, period. And, the man I'm seeing is the same way with me. Now, I have dated guys that have their phones on vibrate all of the time. They're always looking at their phone and you can tell they are hitting the reject button. You keep hearing texting rings and vibrations and you know they are ignoring someone that obviously is trying to get in touch with them. There is a way to react that shows you're trustworthy. And then, there are ways you act or react that let a person know that something isn't right. And, where there was once no insecurity, these constant reactions begin to bring it on. I do believe when the trust is questioned, there is something going on in their behavior or patterns that have changed, that let you know that something isn't right. It's not always about jealousy and insecurity. Sometimes, what you thought was correct. If it gets to be too much you might have to ask yourself if this guy is worth it. You'll know by his response to your bringing this up to him. Good luck.

No i don't believe he is hiding anything he just may not feel comfortable leaving it around cause he may just be a private person. Hell i have texts that i bs with my friends but if i had a man i wouldn't leave it around so he could read let alone i take my phone everywhere. i don't mind showing him a few texts but that is my private thoughts and no one has a right to look at another's phone cause then they bring up crap that had nothing to do with them. He may have had a woman looking in his phone before and doesn't like that fact that she has to check up on him so he will take it with him instead. Not that is it any of your business i could see if you were married to him but you are not. i think he is just protecting his privatisty and there is nothing wrong with that. ok if you want a sure bet of what i mean my bestfriend has this boyfriend really nice but very insecure so when she was sleeping he would look at her phone and then start crap with her and she had nothing in it for him to start about he was insecure that she had guy friends which she told him about so what did she do to show him that he can trust her she erased all her guy friends which i would never do what does it show i mean he should trust you regardless. she just didn't want to fight cause it was stupid. one time i texted her about someone she was suppose to hook me up with through her boyfriend and they both knew about it and what happened he started to think that she was talking to him behind his back. which was not true cause it was him that was talking to his own buddy but hell why go through that over a phone. Trust is important and so is having your private things respected is my point. You should trust him and if you feel he is being dishonest you ask first then if he sends you bs through is body langauge then you take it upon yourself to look into it.

- Response by redd98, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

It's hard to say. Some people are just addicted to their phones to the point that they take them everywhere with them. They are afraid to miss a call.

I often take my phone to the bathroom when I shower in the morning because I use it as my clock and I need to know how much time I have to get ready. But not always... like if I know I have plenty of time.

I also keep it with me as a form of entertainment when I'm otherwise, um.... occupied. I play video games on it. LOL! It has crossed my mind if my fiance ever wonders why I take the phone with me to the bathroom.

- Response by mariposa3333, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

I took my phone with me every where, (even the house phone now) even to the bathroom you never who and when is going to call. i'm not important and i have nothing to hide, but i hate missing calls and caling people back.

some people are sooooo attached to their cell phones they don't even realize they are doing it. it could just be an old habit...

but if you're wanting to go through his phone and he's taking it with him everywhere, he may have something to hide, but you have bigger issues, you don't trust him...

p.s. my husband took his phone with him today - and there's no service on it - old habits are hard to break ...

- Response by A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

I would wait a bit beforegoing in. He could be just using the shower noise to smother his converstation. So i would either act like i was in a tight and come on in or still come in but act like u wanted to join him. if u catch him on the phone then confront him cause that is proof that he has something to hide.

- Response by kokopuff, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

sounds to me like he doesn't want u attempting to look at his phone. he has something to hide because if he didn't he'd leave his phone around u. there is something he doesnt want u to see on that phone.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have had the same experience with more than one male. In the end-it has turned out that they were all talking with someone that would not be appropriate if you are in an exclusive relationship. If he has to go to another room to use his phone-it's a sure bet he is doing something he doesn't want you to know about. Move on and find someone with no secrets

- Response by cinderalla1, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65