What does it mean if someone keeps touching their ears?
Diet & Health / 3:38 AM - Saturday August 15, 2009

Is it a sign of nervousness? Today a woman that I work with kept touching her earings when she talked to me. She looked like she may have been guitly of something. She hadn't been very nice to me lately but seemed to be better today. Is it a sign of guilt?

I think a sign of guilt is when you don't look a person in the eye. You hurry up to end the conversation. You drop things and stumble, you know that sorta thing.

Touching the ears? Maybe she forgot to clean em out! lol Earrings, maybe she's trying to get you to notice her hew diamonds or something. Sounds like a weirdo to me. ;)

- Response by trueseeker82, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I have a nickle allergy....when I wear cheap earrings that are not nickle free, by the 2nd hour my ears are itching and on fire.....messing with them is the only relief, other than taking them out.

Plus I am a "figiter" by nature...hard for me to sit and just do nuthing......I would fail as a couch potatoe.....even when I am ill I am up doing something.....instead of resting like I should be.....

- Response by iowaczechartist, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

It's probably just nervousness. Recently my friend pointed out to me that I do it. I'm not feeling guilty about anything, I just have a little bit of social anxiety and I touch my ears or constantly play with my necklace without even realizing it (well I realize it now, so I'm working on breaking the habit). If you don't know each other well, she's probably just nervous around new people and what came across as not being nice is maybe just shyness or keeping her guard up.

- Response by singlegirl612, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35

She could be a fidgety person. Sometimes when I wear long, dangly earrings, I play with them constantly. It doesn't mean anything at all, it's just something else to fidget with. I wouldn't make anything of it.

- Response by STGchick, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Military

That means she is guilty of something.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering