Sexual appetite and older women
Sex & Intimacy / 11:19 AM - Wednesday August 12, 2009

sexual appetite and older women

I don't want to offend anyone with this question. Since I'm getting a little up there in age, I wanted to know something. This is for older women but anyone can answer.

How sexual are women in their 40s and 50s?

Is it a myth that women are in their sexual prime in their 40s-50s?

I've only been with women in the 20s and 30s and they are not always horny but are very energetic and sexual at times.

I know we're online and we all like to talk a big game sexually speaking, but can the older women honestly tell me about their sexual appetite as it pertains to age?
If you can compare your sexuality and appetite now to your late teens, 20s, 30s...

- Asked by kwestion, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45

I'm 41 and actually enjoy it and want it more now then I did when I was younger. In my 20's and 30's I was raising kids and worn out all the time, but now I want it all the time. My husband says he has a hard time keeping up with me. :)

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Ok, here goes, I was a virgin until age 20, sex was very interesting in my 20s and i did it with my ex hubby about 2-3 weekly, in my 30s maybe once every week sometimes once every 2weeks. Now at age 42 and probably for the last 3 yrs+ I want it more often, like on a daily basis, and when im not getting it or giving it to myself, im daydreaming about it.

- Response by unpredictable45, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Managerial

I am 39 years old and will be turning 40 in November and to be honest, I am finding that the more accepting I become of my body, the more sex I crave and the more I want to share my body with my man...when I was in my 20s, it wasn't as 'important' for me to get sex and I was more interested in partying and having fun...in my 30s, I was more focused on getting myself 'ready' to settle down and was finding that sex was more in the back of my mind than before because I was too worried about other things and learning more about my own body...now that I've grown to love and accept my body, I am finding that I am freer with sexual acts and more open minded than I ever was before...:D

Being 50 now, I see women are still horny creatures.
but at a younger age they seemed to have more passion.

I have been very active though all of those years,, but then I was in my younger years also. It just depends on the woman and her partner.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

I've been with more than a few gals over 40, and I can tell ya' from experience, that they're more confident and adventurous in bed than their younger counterparts.

- Response by bytor, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Artist / Musician / Writer

From my experience, women in their 40's and late 40's have a much higher sex drive than earlier in life. Mind you I only had sex with 1 through 20's & 30's.

And when it comes to confidence, knowledge (of both bodies) and downright freakishness - forget it. Younger women aren't even playing the same game.

And for any younger women who read this and disagree - wait till you're older. You'll look back at your younger self and say "holy shit - northerner was right"

- Response by northerner, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Well, I didn't find the man of my dreams until I was 49 -- so I'm afraid that poor man is having to catch up for several missed decades.

They don't call us cougars for nothing! Sex at Fifty is FABULOUS!

Mine has always increased with age. So far so good. A woman's sexual peak is 35 to 45. But I say I look forward to the top and coasting my way taking my sweet time before reaching the end of it.

No it is not a myth. When I hit 40 it seemed tha my sex drive went into high gear and it is still there after 7 yrs!!!

- Response by MaryAnne, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Regina, Managerial

Well i'm 43 and at this point i'm not going to talk a big game...way past that point in my life... I believe that as we ladies age sex becomes more exciting to us because we've learned from our past experiences and now we just know what we want and we aren't afraid to ask for it...we are just more confident in the bedroom which in turn makes us feel very comfortable wanting and asking for what makes us feel good and we aren't afraid to try new things...age brings on less intimidation in the bedroom...now we look for ways to spice things up and keep it exciting cuz we appreciate it more...remember with age comes wisdom in all areas of life..

- Response by verycurious01, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

47 and i love sex. I think that as i've gotten older i enjoy sex more. I have to say that I enjoy it more and better becasue I know what i want and need. Most of my firneds are my age and I know that we talk about sex and having and enjoying sex all th time.

LOL.... "Male, 29-35, Since I'm getting a little up there in age".....

Well there Sonny, Take it from an "old fogie", it is not a myth. Older women know what they want and how to get it. Most are like a fine wine and get much better with age.

It's not a myth and you will be in for the ride of your life!

- Response by kutie56, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Newark, Other Profession

As others have said, women get better with age, like fine wine. We know what we want, aren't afraid to ask for it and are more self-confident and adventurous. When I was younger, I was naive and didn't learn much from my lovers and later was busy raising my children to even think about sex. Now that the kids are older, I have more time to think about what I want and want to be more adventurous, try new things and spice things up.

I am 52.
I know what I like.
I know what I want.
I know how to get it.
I know how to do it.
And I am not afraid to expect it...

In my 20's I was insecure and auditioning. In my 30's I was very busy in my career. In my 40's I was newly divorced and making up for my 30's... Now I have a 58 year old partner who remarked that he would loved to be 20 years younger right now. ;>

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

It has been my observation that older women not only get horny, they don't go into denial about it or play games on the matter.

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media

As a 45 African-American woman I am more intense with a huge appetite for sex, it scares my husband. Sometimes I can't turn it off. In my 20s and 30s I said no to him too often, now it's the reversal!

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Atlanta, Alternative Medicine