I really hate being married...
Married Life / 6:45 PM - Sunday August 09, 2009

I really hate being married...

and I'm starting to really hate my husband and I have such a horrible attitude towards him. He'll say something and I'm like "yeah whatever, I don't give a fu**. I can't wait every night until he goes to work. I hate being home with him. He works 8pm to 6am, I don't get home until about 6pm, so we only have to spend an hour together and I count down the minutes until he leaves.

what the hell is wrong with me? We've only been married for 3 months, and we've been together for 8 years and been living together for over 3 years. I'm not sure what to do about this. I can't afford a divorce and I don't believe in divorce. Am I the only who has ever gone through this? What can I do? Therapy isn't helping me, and he won't do marriage counseling, not that we have the money for it or the time for it.

Update: August 09, 2009.
I guess I do feel trapped and I feel like now I'm "the wife" and he expects me to do everything for him... I can't speak to my family because I have 3 older sisters and they are all man haters and against marriage. It's like their marriages aren't the best and I was a fool for getting married... Guess they were right... However, my parents are (literally) happily married for 44 years... so, it's not really that...

Oh... I just can't wait to get married again! :)

What you're experiencing is called "Buyer's Remorse". Anytime someone buys an expensive item for themselves they experience, for a time, a certain amount of anxiety about whether they made the right choice, maybe they shouldn't have done it, etc... What you're feeling is somewhat normal, though not that common as far as getting married. But I have heard of people being happy together and then getting married and then immediately feeling like they made a huge mistake and then go about making sure they did.

Just remember... You married him because you loved him. Try to appreciate him for everything he does for you (including going to work).

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching

You and Husband deserve better. Only 3 months, how about an annullment? if you can't afford that,,just move out. i don't know why your affections turned into hate...the right thing to do, is admit to him and youself that you made a bad mistake in marrying him...then move on...continue with therapy, so you can avoid this happening in future...best of luck

- Response by dreamspinner, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

What are you mad about? Something is bothering you, do you feel trapped, now that you're married or what?
How about finding something that you enjoy doing and get out of the house more.
Do you have close family? Maybe talk to one of them about this.
Good luck.

- Response by daffodils2008, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

Move on. You deserve to be happy !!! You know the old saying there's plenty of fish in the sea. Don't judge all men by the ones you and your sisters married. And you should talk things through with whomever your s/o is about what you expect from each other when and if you'd be married. Maybe you didn't take enough time before hand. Or mabe you were too hot for each other and thought that passion would last forever and trup over everything else. It doesn't !!! And then these other factors that you thought weren't important became so important. Learn from whatever mistakes you may have made. And don't be affraid to try again if you are able to learn from your mistakes !!! Good luck. Keep me posted.

- Response by patricktexture87, Female, 66 or older

You ar experiencing -what's called -The honeymoon is over-
experience. The reality is that -If you husband Really loves you- he would do whatever isn necessary to find out what is
making you hate him and change that right away. Just some
food for thought- IF you do get divorced- women almost always
get everything on a divorce- the guy is lucky if he has a shirt
left on his back after a divorce. Also,watch about having
a kid with this man- because if you do get divorced-
alot of guys would prefer not dating a woman with baggage.

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55