Have you ever lost respect for someone you really cared about?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1:07 AM - Sunday August 09, 2009

If so... what did it do to your relationship with them. Be it family, friend, or s/o.

- Asked by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

Oh yeah.

The incident happened recently and I honestly don't know what is going to happen to our relationship. I don't know if I'm open to working things out at this point. He is losing his mind and getting worse without realizing it. He also does not take criticism about his behavior well and tells me it's not reality and that is just how I see him, but it's not the truth. It's hard to love an arrogant SOB.

Of course. Life is full of disappointments and unfortunately, most people will fail you from time to time.

That is when we are reminded: Human are only flesh, blood and bone.

It was a S/O at one time,but things went down the tubes
when he started using drug again. You can't respect anyone that doesn't respect themselves.

It was family... What can I say.................... .

- Response by chkdsskt, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Administrative

Thankfully I haven't lost respect for anyone in a while...

- Response by wendyshoefitz123, A Player, Female, Who Cares?

I wish I had respect fro someone to begin with.

- Response by seamandingo, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 22-25, Vancouver, Body Work

For me losing all respect for someone (close friend in this case) led me to a complete estrangement. I have no desire whatsoever to associate myself with them or talk to them. I remember a time when I used to think how tragic my life would be without them but once I saw them for who they really were I no longer felt that aching emptiness. I think once something is done that damages their image to you beyond repair, you'll find yourself able to truly be content to moving on with your life without them. It may seem harsh and cold but for me breaking off all contact was so much better for me then trying to attempt a mediocre relationship of any kind. And honestly, I go for months without a single thought to those I've written out of my life, and I sleep fine at night.

- Response by Schmittatto, A Sportif, Female, 26-28, Cleveland, Retail

Not totally lost, but dwindling. I found out that it's possible to still love people while respect is slowly going down the drain, really tough to balance. It strains the relationship because respect is related to how much patience you are willing to give to another person when met with difficulties or misunderstandings. It can really test your character but looking at the sunny side, being able to conquer the day-to-day difficulties strengthened my ability to be tolerant of others.

- Response by simplyasking, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Cut them out of my life once it comes to that point i never look back again in regret i can tolerate a lot but once i decide i dont want them around me
thats what will happen and stay that way ...

- Response by shygirl1979, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?