Why do women want to be married so badly?
Dating / 12:12 AM - Sunday August 09, 2009

why do women want to be married so badly?

they deny it but(most)will leave a man if it doesnt happen after a while- they say its for love, but you dont have to be married to be in love- some say its to raise a family, again thats not a requirement

is it really all about the money? (i have yet to find a woman who would marry if she didnt get money from the marriage while they were together)

Update: August 09, 2009.
most women want a prenup to state that assets aquired during the marriage she could grab- not a good deal if you are together a long time and make a lot of moola- AND most women i date want the ring even over the ag of 40! why wouldnt they? MONEY

Update: August 09, 2009.
hey i can manage my personal finances quite well- what i cant manage is if you have an ''option'' to turn my financial world upside down at your whim- yeah promise me today you will never do it, i know- but tomorrow you might change your mind and i cant afford to keep getting cut in half or worse- sorry

Update: August 09, 2009.
in plain english- what does a women mean when she says she ''seeks security or stability in the relationship'' as a reason to get into a marriage?

They must be the single ones. I saw a sign recently that said, "Any woman who wants a husband obviously hasn't had one."

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

If they knew what marriage was REALLY Like and the work involved to keep it going, new and fresh, they wouldn't be so eager to walk down the aisle. I think society has a lot to do with the way women think about getting married..

I think it varies depending on the woman, but for the ones that do want marriage, I think it's because they seek stability or security in the relationship. And some women are very traditional. If you don't care to get married, find someone else who doesn't either. There are plenty.

- Response by majicou, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

tired of being the bridesmaid?????

I think many people seek out someone who loves them enough to make a deep commitment before God and before family and friends.

We have such a disposable society that being able to have the optimism to make that kind of commitment is alluring. Plus as you get older some kind of formality needs to be made concerning benefits...married people are entitled to the other's social security if they were to die. Also spouses have the rights to make the best medical decisions in tragedies. It would be really distressing to have a life partner and have something happen and then someone else is the one calling the shots....

- Response by meowmeowww, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Everyone should seek security. Who can truly be happy in an unstable situation? Who can be at peace if you don't know where you and your spouse will live, if you can't provide food for your family. This applies to both sexes. Marriage should be a step up. I'm not saying marry only rich people and only marry for money, but how can you expect someone to manage a long term committed relationship well and he/she can't manage his/her personal finances.

Society plays a huge role in setting what's expected of people

- Response by kelico, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, New Orleans, Administrative

All the women I meet anymore, refuse to have anything to do with marriage.
I tell them, I'm open for it, and they bail on me.

sorry but that i dont.. im very happy single and marriage is not something im looking for and no mans money buys true love..

- Response by lynn65, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

I have no interest in getting married, so I rarely date single men my age. I'm that way because of childhood issues-- my father was a control-freak. I think about getting married and I can't breathe-- it would like being back in that situation!

Women are biologically programmed somewhat to try to make relationships permanent. It goes back to a time when women couldn't fend for themselves or their (potential) children without the support of a man.

Many men are the same way. I guess most people don't want to grow old all by themselves, and they want to know that someone will be there for them.

- Response by myowntwofeet, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Other Profession

We women seek commitment. I want to marry who I love dearly, build our lives together, create beautiful babies, be secure in our relationship and go through the bad and good. Some ppl want to get married for many different reasons, for love, money, afraid to be alone, or they just want to be labeled as MARRIED!

- Response by allyirls, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Fashion

Your characterization of women as gold-diggers is offensive. Why are you basing your view of women by the actions of a few?

I've been engaged to two very wealthy men. Both were my age, attractive, and treated me well. One was an eye doctor, the other a best-selling author.

They were wonderful men that I liked very much, but I didn't love them, so I walked away. We both deserved something better.
I could have married them and left a few years later with a house or a significant amount of money, but that isn't who I am.

Maybe a woman who was less confident in her ability to be alone would have seized those opportunities, but I was willing to sacrifice security for freedom and independence. I never wanted to feel like the woman in the Eagles song, 'Lyin' Eyes.'

because we want a husband, to know that we are not alone in this world. The "Mr and Mrs X" is like a team ready to fight against the world... at least that is what i think

- Response by brokenwriter20, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, London, Student