Why does he only want to text? We never talk on the phone!
Dating / 7:15 PM - Saturday August 08, 2009

I've been seeing this guy for over two months now. I met him online. We started talking here and there a few months ago over the e-mail. We got to see pics of eachother from or online profiles and one day he saw me on the street and sent me a message saying I saw you earlier. From that point on we have been seeing eachother often, almost every other day. It is only at night, we don't even have sex often either, he just wants me to come over and lay with him. But the problem is, now that we have physically been involved face to face..he doesn't talk much. I talk to him mom and his grandmother, when I come over and I've met some of his family. He even let me met his son. BUT! He only wants to text and I wonder why I can't get anything out of him. He constantly asks me to talk to him. He asks me questions but, he never calls me. If I call him, he won't answer. I get the vibe that I am bothering him. Like, I don't know how to read him at all. I guess the challenge is what attracts me. BUT AGAIN!!!All he wants to do is text. I like the little bit of personality that I have seen but, he only wants to text and occasionally have sex. What's that about?

Update: August 09, 2009.
He does not have the capacity to take me out like that. His mother suffers from ALS and he is her primary caretaker. She is in other words dying. So I have taken that into consideration and tried to understand that he is going through a lot right now with having to take care of his dying mother. I really like his mother she's great. So his idea of hanging out is to come over. Occasionally, he does have a free day where he can go somewhere because a family member has relieved him and we will go somewhere. I have met his friends. I get the vibe that he's interested.I do spend a lot of time with him, at least 4 times a week and it's him telling me(or should I say texting me)and asking me to come.Mostly at his home but my main concern is that the communication is at a minimum, and as far as sex that is at a minimum too. Personally, I think that I am expecting something from him that he doesn't have to give right now. But, I still do think that he can pick up the phone and call sometimes. When he was pursuing me, he called.

Different people communicate differently. Some are more verbal than others. The thing you need to decide is what kind of relationship you want and can his type of communication fit in your life. Good Luck.

- Response by bigdog52, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Oklahoma City, Science / Engineering

I want to know what chemical compound made you think of this.

- Response by brezzyblue, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Maybe he doesn't feel comfortable talking in person, he's a bit shy or feeling awkward. Why not ask him and tell him that you like to get to know him better. It sounds like he is more of a private person than a chatter. He is more of an action person.

my bf is the same way, we've been together for 5 years but he'd rather text me. i don't mind it cause i hate being on the phone. when u text ur man are they full out conversations or one line texts? that could make a difference. if they're one liners than hes got some problems with the relationship. but ur seeing him often so just tell him that it bothers u and see what he comes up with.

- Response by nicky711, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

He has a kid and acts strange, run as fast as you can away from him. You like him because he is a mystery and challenge but even if he grows up some day, the kid will always be a problem, they never go away and are always a source of irritation and will be nothing but a problem in your relationship. The ex will always be in the picture and hate you not to mention the financial drain the kid will have on you and him forever ! Never date someone with kids ! They kill relationships.

- Response by wavemaker55, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Tampa, Self-Employed

There is a reason why a phone call woudl be inconvenient. He may be in prison. His wife/GF may have moved it. Don't konw what the reason is but there is one.

Maybe he's been ingesting too many bad chemicals compounds and he is not thinking straight now ????

If he can still think of sex and perform...maybe it has not caused permanent damage and can be treated..possibly with chelation !!!

- Response by nuttyprofessor, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Transportation

I am going to be honest here, but it sounds to me that he doesn't want a real relationship here at all. Does he take you out at all I mean he ask you to come over and that is it. He just want someone to have sex. Yes I see that you met his family but have you met his friends? If you don't meet his friends you are not his girlfriend. Sorry hun, but move on and be with a guy that takes you out and wants to talk and get to know you and meet his friends.

- Response by womanv, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

he got somebody else he is not telling you about.

- Response by trellbrush1369, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Philadelphia, Law Enforcement