Did you know the average man's penis is 3 times the length of his thumb?
Sex & Intimacy / 3:34 PM - Friday August 07, 2009

Update: August 07, 2009.
Thanks for so many of the fun responses...brightened my day..This question came from an e-mail trivia...I didnt mean it was a scientific fact!!!:P

- Asked by dreamspinner, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

i wonder if that means that the depth of a girls vagina is 3x the length of hers? seems about right to me! lol

- Response by joent612, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Administrative

I just measured my thumb and I beat that one out...

Where do you people come up with this shit????? There is no correlation between the penis and any other body part. Science has proved this one over and over again. Give it a rest already....you have to have the cahones to ask for a peek to verify a man's claim of size...no shoe size...thumb size or Hemi engine can dictate the size of the penis. LMAO.
I have the smallest gd hands I know of and my thumb equals a 7.5 length penis according you your theory....sorry....that 's NOT average in America!

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

What does it mean,if I sucked my thumb,when I was young?
OH GOD HELP ME!!!!!!!

- Response by baseball751, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65

hypothetically...what if its the same length?

- Response by rollinhigheh, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Mine has to be at least 12 times the size of my thumb... ;)

- Response by desota18, A Creative, Male, 22-25, Self-Employed

No shit....my thumb is 3 inches.....

- Response by lab01, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, St.Louis, Other Profession

below average again

damn

- Response by northerner, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

DAMN !!! I've been shortchanged !!! Who do I complain to?

I just knew there had to be a reason that my thumbs were so short! :)

LOL...and i've cursed this damn 10" thumb since the day i was born. boy, am I lucky! :)

Hmmm...I must have shorter thumbs than normal.

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

I don't know about that, my thumb is about 4 inches long, my penis is 2.2.3 inches long....but now, my tongue, well nevermind, you didn't say anything about that.

- Response by phoenixbandit, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Columbus, Law Enforcement

The average thumb is 2.5 to 2.75 inches meaning the average penis is 7.5 to 8.25 inches.

I'm not sure of this statistic.

As for me I have a 3 inch thumb, unfortunately my penis is 1.75 times the length of my thumb.

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

That means I have known 2 guys with below average thumbs

- Response by lacey07, A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

So, I must have long thumbs. Because my penis is nowhere near 3 times as long as my thumbs.

And god, I am glad that it is not. 8 inches of penis has proven to be too long for most of the women I have known, I would hate to carry a 9.5 incher around. I bet women just look at something like that and scream.

So, whoever made this measurement up must have been faced with a bunch of guys will 2 inch thumbs.

NOT

well that explains why I got suck long thumbs

HOLY CRAP!! I guess my guy isn't average then...lol...his thumb is 5" long and I 'know' he's not 15" in length...hahahaha...:D

Its possible, considering the average male penis is 6 inches in length...a thumb is about two inches give of take, then 3x 2 =...exactly. In my case my thumb is 2.5 inches and my penis 8. So yeah, beat it this one...just like i beat my meat HIYO!!!

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 26-28, Milwaukee

I have heard this one quite a bit actually, and no matter how bemusing it may seem when you guys pull out your ruler and do not quite measure up. (which most of you will not considering the fact that the average male's thumb measures in at approximately 2.5-3.5 inches, which means that the average males penis would measure in at 7.5-10.5 inches, and believe me when I tell you that is no where near average, you will often hear that 6 inches is the average, but it is typically in between 5-6 inches.) With that said, this statement has been discredited several times, just as the shoe size and nose length have been as well. Although this is very amusing to say around men with short stubby fingers, it remains unproven, and to be honest it probably applies more often to men with short stubby fingers than those with long digits. Thanks for reading, have a great day. :)

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35