My 15 year old and I shopped for her school supplies this evening...binders, compass, protractor,
Family & Parenting / 2:13 AM - Friday August 07, 2009

pens, pencils, composition book, notebook paper, and more.
I wonder how much the "Back to School" season rakes in for stores such as Target, Walmart, etc?

Update: August 07, 2009.
Today we will be buying for my college bound 18 year old...laptop computer will be the most expensive purchase. I heard some students have save gobs of $ by buying their text books on line.

- Asked by gettingstronger, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Teaching

Our family is among the crowds getting our supplies that were requested from her teacher this week. It's crazy, but the stores are making everything easy to buy by having them labeled and positioned just right. This is definitely one of their biggest profit events. God bless 'em.

- Response by rhunt0210, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

It might be enough to pull us out of the 'Great Disruption' lol. The economic boost is another step back to a normal economy.

I imagine it's more of a break even instead of "rake in." I buy by the case or handful when everything is obscenely cheap @ WallyWorld. Spirals for 10/$1.00, pens/pencils are less than $1 for 2 dozen, NB paper is a 1000 sheet ream for $1, colored folders are 5 cents per, binders run 70% off.... You have to watch for the sale, but you can buy the years worth for almost nothing. I went a little overboard 3 years ago and spent $85 BC we had run out the year before. (In the middle of the year its all premium priced.) They still have enough left for 2 more years.........

those items i really dont mind, it the 8 rolls of bathroom tissue i got a problem with.

- Response by hotair, A Father Figure, Male, 66 or older, New Orleans, Transportation

by it online/laptop..go to the dollar store for paper and pens
they dont need an expensive laptop..thats wat computer labs are for/friends..besides they will only use it for typing papers and research o and facebook

- Response by Female, 26-28, Teaching