How long should you date before a man introduces you to his child?
Dating / 9:34 PM - Wednesday August 05, 2009

I've been dating a wonderful man for about three months. I really did not expect to meet someone I was so compatible with me at this point of my life (I'm in my late 30's).

He shared with me early on that he was soon to be a single father, as he and his ex had decided it was best for their young child to live with him.

So, after a fun couple of months with just the two of us, he is now in the throes of single fatherhood. He made the decision not to introduce me into his child's life, and I'm not sure if/when that may happen.

My question is: how to best handle this uncertain time? Because he was so forthcoming and I feel like it is worth it to see what happens, I'm hanging on for now. But I'm wondering if perhaps it would be best to suggest that we just be friends until he's made a determination of if/how we will continue our relationship? With the extremely limited time and contact that we currently share, it seems like that may be the best option, but I don't know. This is all new for me.

Update: August 05, 2009.
This is my first time ever asking a question here, so forgive me if I don't know the format. : ) Are the two of you exclusive? Yes Sex yet? Yes Or given you any indication that you are more than friends? Yes, he has given that indication I've been very laid back for the most part; I wanted to give him a chance to adjust to having his daughter with him, and I totally understand that things changed. I don't think I would respect him if he did things any other way. I was just wondering if that was the right approach to take. It sounds like that's the right path to go, at least for a little while. Thanks for your answer! : )

Update: August 05, 2009.
Hmmm, I guess I am very bad at asking questions...I don't think I expressed myself very well. Yes, plenty of hobbies, and no, didn't rearrange my life for him. Thanks to those who responded.

Update: August 05, 2009.
Thanks for the responses...due to the limited space in the question section, I wasn't able to clearly state what I am really asking. I'm more interested in getting feedback on how best to handle the situation of limited time spent together because he has not introduced me to his child. I didn't expect him to - I wouldn't if I was in his position.

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 36-45

If he made a decision that he refuse to introduce you to his child. Take a hint.
YOU ARE NOT THE ONE.

He is just using you until he finds the one that he wants to be with.

- Response by sleeksasy06, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?