How long should I wait for my boyfriend to propose?
Dating / 8:32 PM - Wednesday August 05, 2009

We have been together for three years. Living together for two. He is in his mid-20's, I am in my early 30's. He says he wants to get married, but he has saved no money for a ring. Is it time to move on?

And I was called impatient today asking to be a MySpace friend?

You should. Actually you should be alone for a long while until you discover what is important in a relationship.

- Response by vabyss, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Perhaps a chat with your bf is in order.

- Response by snowkatcher, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles, Other Profession

hold up he was only 17 when you robbed the cradle, are you a pedaphile.. seriously..he's still a baby.. what is wrong with you??? i won't advise you nothing, a woman your age on here for some kind of validation.. your old enough to know what's up.. let him meet some one his age, you already took his teen years.. geez.. nada to you..

- Response by mburgos, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

It sounds like it is time to set a time frame to propose/get engaged. The time frame will give you the deadline you need and give him a date to work towards meeting the goal of buyinga ring etc. You will find out soon enough if he is serious and able and willing to propose. I wish you the best.

- Response by lasirenamorena, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Executive

I totally know how ya feel, my boyfriend is 24, i'm 28 and we have a baby together, we've been together & living together for 4 years as of this coming November and he doesn't even mention the word marriage, it hurts to see when we are with all of our "married" friends how all the females have on rings but me, but hey in due time it will work out for the best b/c this only makes me stronger. When 1 man won't marry you, another one will. Don't worry about how much the ring cost b/c a ring is only materialistic, but just know that you're not alone b/c trouble don't last always.

- Response by brownsugar100409, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Wow.. so you don't really care about HIM.. so much as you care about a ring and the idea of marriage?

What a classic example of focusing only on the destination, and not the journey.

Yes.. by all means. Break up and move on.

Free him from such a selfish, short-sighted woman.

Why are you hurrying him?

- Response by wendyshoefitz123, A Player, Female, Who Cares?