Why Are So Many Men Uncouth, Rude and Disrespectful to Women These Days?
Sex & Intimacy / 2:42 AM - Tuesday August 04, 2009

I ask because I have heard hundreds of stories from women that I know to be shy, quiet women, raised in respectable families with respectable expectations of men that will be introduced to a guy and go out with him and on the first date or even first phone call hear things like:

o What is your favorite position for sex?
o How long does it usually take you to cum?
o What is your most exciting sexual adventure?
o What kinda panties do you wear?
o Do you sleep nude or what?
o How long do you usually screw?
o Have you ever done it with a woman before?
o How about a 3-some?
o I sure would like to throw you down and f*** you right here, right now!

You get the idea. Keep in mind, these are men the woman doesn't know - THIS IS FIRST DATE OR FIRST OR SECOND PHONE CALL TYPE THINGS.

It is appalling to me that this seems to be the approach many men think is okay and that women want.

What do you say? Why do men do this? And all these guys aren't young either in case you are thinking that. Oldest I heard of was 60.

- Asked by msheartbeat, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, San Francisco, Self-Employed

I'm so glad this question was asked. I'm at a point where I have all but given up on finding a suitable man. I met this guy on a Friday, had a very interesting phone chat with him the same night (3 hours), and thought I might have actually found a nice guy. WRONG!! He calls me Saturday night, and 10 minutes into the conversation asks me "What I like". I say, "Oh, I like going to the movies, dinner" and then he cuts me off and says "No, I mean what do you like in bed". I was so taken aback, that I couldn't say anything for a full minute. He then says he likes pleasing his woman and wants to know what I like and what I don't like. After I regained my composure, I said "Well I dont like talking about sex with someone I just met". I mean really! You don't even know my last name. Don't you want to get to know me?? Let me add, this guy was 48. So, there are still old fools out there. Needless to say, I never spoke to him again. Is chivalry dead? Are there any gentlemen left? What happened to romance?

Signed,

Totally Discouraged

- Response by A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Las Vegas, Political / Government

These aren't Men, they're low-status males. There's a difference, and you know it.

Why are they like that? Well, besides the fact that they're utter morons, there are dozens of reasons I could speculate about:

- Piss poor social skills
- No strong father figure in their life to have taught them better
- Influenced by the media / music videos
- Angry because of past relationships
- Think that this is what women want, because this is how they act

And let's think about that last one for a minute. You know full well, that there are a LOT of low status females out there, that are needy, clingy, insecure, or flat out bitches & hos, that either use sex as a way to get attention & affection, and think it will lead them to turn him into a BF, or they're using these guys for sex, for a free dinner or sugar daddy.

And I could continue to expand upon each of my points, and many more.. but it's late, I'm tired, and I'm feeling too lazy.

But here's what I think is the most common bottom line:

Males act like this, because there are more than enough females that let them.

Not saying it excuses the behavior, and they should damned well be MAN enough to manage themselves LIKE Men. But there aren't a lot of Men around in this world, compared to the low status males.

And since those males aren't going to police themselves, then the Women should have enough self respect to not roll over and give up the ass, so needily, and let themselves be treated like a piece of ass, just for the attention.

But they don't. They are low status females just as those guys are low status males.

There's no real single answer to this. Except for the fact that there are a lot of fucked up people in this world, and those fucked up people influence others to be lazy fucked up people.

How does the saying go? You have to wade thru a lot of chaff, to get to the wheat?

He wouldn't get past the first question before I'd hang up...

I agree with what your saying, but I blame women as much as I do men. Over the years, women have allowed this type of behavior to be "ok". Also, in attempts to be "just as equal as guys", they've allowed themselves multiple sexual partners to simply prove a point or even go so far as to be an "FWB". In all honestly, they "lowered" their game to prove a point and now they are getting this type of behavior from men.

I am NOT saying that men can't be jerks....I'm one (just ask my wife!) lol But, in the whole of things, women need to raise their game and if men want to associate with them, date them, etc., then they will need to raise their game or get to know their right hands!

- Response by ecgjyt, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Medical / Dental

Men and or women will do to others what others allow them to do. Every time someone disrespects another and gets by with it, He or she knows from that point that the other person is ok with being treated horribly. I have let men do it to me when I was younger. However I am older now and I refuse to be disrespected by anyone. I feel that I deserve more from the opposite sex and so should every other self respecting women.

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Miami, Food Service

The easy answer is because you respect people only as much as they respect themselves.
It's the easy answer because it's true.

- Response by workplay, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Military