Why is my ex telling me he still wants me if he's seeing someone new?
Dating / 5:21 PM - Monday August 03, 2009

why is my ex telling me he still wants me if he's seeing someone new?

My ex and I have a long history. He's been in love with me for eight years and unfortuntely we were just never able to be together due to personal reasons. Fast forward a few years and we start talking again and that's when he revealed how he's felt for so many years. from the beginning it was really intense on his part, i've loved you for so long, you're the one i want to be with, marry and have a life with.. things were going perfect aside from the fact that we live in different states and LDR was kind of a bummer :( One night were were talking about what to do when he comes to town in a few days to ..next thing I know we're breaking up. He said he felt like he was holding me back from living my life since he's always gone all the time. He doesn't deserve someone like me and I can do better..

We ended on good terms, we love each other but can't be together until he figures stuff out. We're still really good friends and have kept in touch over the summer. He told me that he still loves me very very much and we've been trying to figure out a way to see each other again. Last week he told me how much he missed me and that he does still want me, but his life is messed up right now. I told him how much I missed him and that maybe in the long run it would be better if we didn't see each other then. Which is worse: not seeing the person you want to be with or hanging out then leave wanting things you can't have even more.. He told me, "i want to see you.. I need to see you" So I was super happy that things were going well and maybe it was a step in the direction of getting back together.

Well not even two weeks after our really good conversation I find out that he just recently started dating a new girl.
I'm sooo confused, why would he tell me he misses me, wants me, needs to see me if he's seeing someone else?

Will guys just give up on the girl they've supposedly loved for forever and just settle for second best?

Assuming that he has no idea you know about his current girl, he is trying to double dip. If he does know, then he is either arrogant enough or desperate enough to think you wouldn't mind being his backup plan.

It is amusing though how romantically eloquent men can be when trying to cover up another woman.

- Response by funkymustafa, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Boston, Military

Hey there's a good reason he's an EX, and you've figured it out. He's a WEASEL! Plain and Simple. Can't keep his hands off other women to save his liver. So dump him before he dumps you, and find a guy who appreciates you for the beautiful person you are with no strings attached.

- Response by bnotafraid, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Artist / Musician / Writer

Well, first of all if the "personal reasons" are still the same, and you broke up then, when you two were so in love with each other. Why would you two want to go back into the same situation? If you two were able to fall in love with each other, while he "was gone alot." You should have been able to weather through it. The reason why he would tell you he misses you, wants you, and needs to see you, while he's seeing someone else, is because he's lying to you.

He's wanting to have the LDR fling whenever you two get together. And, he'll tell you how much he's in love with you and never stopped. Because, you'll believe that. Just like you believed the excuse he had for why you two couldn't be together. He's dating this other woman and probably has met other women online or that he knows, loves, and is best friends with, in other cities as well. Please do not fall for this. Move on. After all of these years, this guy comes back talking this talk, while he just start dating a woman he's obviously interested in? I'm sorry, you can believe him if you want to. But, for some reason, I just see you getting hurt. But, whatever you decide to do, good luck to you.

DRAMA

How can anyone stand living this stuff?

My question to you is... Would you even be interested in a guy you could see, touch, be with, who wasn't so drama ridden?

probably not.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching