Why do some people get mean and nasty when they get drunk? Otherwise, they're totally sweet
Dating / 3:46 AM - Monday August 03, 2009

but once they start drinking, it's like they've turned into a totally different person. What causes this?

You know what? The answer doesn't really matter! If they DO GET MEAN, it means that YOU GET OUT OF TOWN! Or they get out of your life!

There is no fix for this. A person either DOES GET ANGRY when drunk; OR doesn't. You cannot deal with a person that is out of their natural mind.

Unfortunately, too many otherwise happy homes are disrupted by this problem: VIOLENT, MEAN OR NASTY DRUNKS.

If I have learned ONE single problem in my life, it is that there IS NO SOLUTION.

Because men turn to Pig when they're drunk.

That is the only time they can get way with saying what is true in their heart/mind about you without being accusation.

Best

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

I had a friend like that.I could'nt take the change in her.Out right embarassing.

~INSTANT~ASSHOLE~
-just-add-alcohol-

The alcohol dulls the senses and brings out the ignorance in people, and allows them to act like imbeciles whenever they are under the influence....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Alcohol has a different effect on each person due to the chemical make up of the body... My dad was a very mean drink, but a nice guy yo people when he was sober.

i believe alcohol gives people caurage to be who they really want to be,if mean so shall they be

- Response by magdik, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Johannesburg, Science / Engineering

People, alcohol is a substance that overindulged in, makes a person into SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT. It's a poison and it works differently on everyone. And is IS chemical makeup that makes the difference, not a true show of character.

Some people can drink two or three drinks a night for years before they start having it in their morning coffee. After that, it's straight down to hell for them and everyone in their lives, unless they get help.

Alcohol is a POISON when overindulged. It kills brain cells after a few months or years, again personal chemical makeup makes the difference.

It changes the alcoholic's body chemistry, and they are no longer the person they were before alcohol. Their brain cells are frying and eventually, they die when they become completely obsessed with the drug. The liver goes after the brain, then other internal organs go, one after the other.

- Response by rholuc, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Retired

I am like that I am so nice when I am sober that I turn the opposite when I drink

Its known as alcoholism. I saw it with a man I loved and wanted to marry til I saw his drunken mean and hateful side then everything was off.

- Response by daffodils2008, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental

I seem to be the same when drunk, I love my partner like nothing else in the world, I don't relie on drink and can stop this straight away, but it may of been too late. the beer is not worth the heartbreak. I'd advise anyone who is thinking this may be a problem to stop the drink and stick to shandy or soft drinks, you still have as gooder time without all the heartbreak.
D.Walker

- Response by davesarahwalker, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Leeds, Other Profession