Do you need an ID to buy a ticket take a bus state to state?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:03 AM - Monday August 03, 2009

This is re-friggin-diculous.
I'm so fed up. The ticket would be for my brothers now ex-girlfriend.
My bro met the girl while he lived in NY. He moved back to MA and she moved to TX. After only knowing her for two months, this fool drove from MA to TX, picked her up, and drove her back to MA. He is 22 going on 23, she is 18. She has NO ID. She has been here for like 2 and a half months now. With no ID she has gotten no job, not to mention she dropped out of highschool. So she does nothing. I'm the only female she knows out here so she is always looking to me for advice. My advice, you are both idiots. They are always arguing. So today I guess they broke up for the billionth time. He asked me to help him send her back. An hour late she asked me to help her get back. WTF?!?!? She's asked me soooo many times already. If you are going to do it, just do it!!! I'm so sick of it! He himself barely works. So my parents are basically supporting the both of them and the little apartment they have. She needs to just go back. NOW.

Being that she doesn't have an ID, she can't fly.
Can she take a bus????

This shouldn't be my responsibility, but I'm tired of hearing about so I just want to find a solution and be done with it.

Update: August 03, 2009.
No I'm not going to give her money. She is going to get it from her mother. But it sounds to me like she doesn't have a very good family life, and she doesn't really know how to go about things. So I am going to take her to get the ticket and what not, and take her to the bus. Also, my brother lives in an apartment. And it's more than just "grow up". The kid has issues, along with the fact that he's an insulin dependent diabetic, so my parents want to make sure he's stable. But that's a whole nother story. Thanks for your answers.

- Asked by beantownchica34, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

Yes, she can. If she is Hispanic and traveling into Texas, she might be carded by INS. If she is here "illegally" that will probably be a good thing...

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

You can NOT get on an airplane without a state issued ID such as a drivers license, ID card, or passport.

Yes, she can take the bus. You don't need to present an ID to buy a bus ticket or to get on any bus that I've ever ridden.

She doesn't need ID for a bus or a train. All she needs is the ticket. Don't give her any money to 'buy the ticket' cuz that will never happen and you will be out big bucks. What really should happen is that your parents kick them both out and tell your brother to grow up. He brought her to MA from TX he can drive her home again.
If you start bailing him out now, it will never ever end. God I hope she's not pregnant.

- Response by bnotafraid, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Artist / Musician / Writer

You should call the bus station for sure. The greyhound shouldn't care less. All they seem to care about is trying to stay afloat!
Sorry you have to be the liaison. Sounds like you're fed up, but it was funny to read when you call them both idiots! rotf!

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

I dont think you do if you pay for the ticket yourself and in cash. With credit card than probably yes to prove that your the owner of that credit card. But I think you do this and she will be calling you to help her get back to your brother. I just hope it works for all of you. Next thing you know she will be calling your brother back telling your brother she is carrying his child.