Hi, eating steam vegetables such as broccoli,cauliflower and baby carrots good for a diet?
Diet & Health / 5:58 AM - Sunday August 02, 2009

Hi, I generally like to eat some of my vegetable steam but, someone told me that eating steam vegetable is bad; that I should try to eat them on their raw form since I'm on a diet. My problem is I can't eat cauliflower,mushrooms,c arrots or, broccoli in their raw form, those are the vegetable I eat the most and enjoy also, adding salt and lemon is good or bad?. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Steamed veggies are ok but let up on the salt.The less the better.Leamon on it is great.

Regardless, make sure you're alone after you eat that. (PHHHHT !!!)

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

Raw is good but steamed to 'crisp not soggy' is almost as healthy. Don't forget to add something red everyday. Tomatoes, plums, apples,radishes, red cabbage etc. This is especially important for us sexy gals. I'm an RN who also fights the weight game.

- Response by londoncat, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Las Vegas

Steaming vegetables does not change them. It simply warms them. Either way they are still good for you.

it sounds healthy to me

- Response by daffodils2008, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Medical / Dental