Really scared over here. Heavy bleeding after getting fingered?
Sex & Intimacy / 8:37 PM - Saturday August 01, 2009

I already wrote this question out, but i dont see it in my questions list so im writing it again, sorry if its a repeat. But anyways, Eearlier today, i had hooked up with a fwb and he was fingering me really, really really hard and fast. Ive gotten fingered before of course, but never that hard. About 10 min into it he noticed that i was bleeding. It was really thick like period blood. I was NOT bleeding when i left the house trust me. And i know its probably not my period because i take my birth control pills so that i DONT get my period. And i havent gotten a period since MAY. sooo im really scared and dont know if i should wait it out or go to the ER tonight? really scared that he tore something. It was completley painless and actually felt great. so waht the hell? can someone please help me??

Update: August 01, 2009.
2 hrs after i got home from his house, the bleeding subsided alot, now its very light and it seems like its going away, i know its not my period, i know my body. I called a 24hr nurse line for my insurance and she said to watch it to see if it gets heavier and anything changes in color or odor or anything like that...but as of now im hardly bleeding at all. and im praying that it goes away, Maybe next time i will tell him not to get carried away down there. cuz that has NEVER happend to me before...keep ya posted.

Don't wait too long or lose too much blood before you get medical attention.

if you have insurance, go to the ER if you are bleeding alot...

Its most likely your period. Something else would probably hurt. Women I dated would sometimes start their periods after a sexual encounter stirred things up.

However, if it continues or gets worse you might call a doctor, the one who supplies the BC. Infrequent periods are not the same as none at all.

tearing of any vaginal tissue WON'T hurt. Generally if he's done that it will be bright red blood like if your cut yourself. if what is happening to you is thick dark seemingly menstrual blood, then it could be he was the trick for you to get your period. If you're on the pill that is a quarterly pill, it could be that it is time since you said MAY and that would make you due in August and it's August. And again, this activity could have caused you to have either break-thru bleeding or induced your period.

Now if your bleeding is uncontrolled, you feel faint, dizzy then you should contact your OBGYN via their messaging service and/or going to the ER.

He may have scratched you. However, it Does often start your period, if he is being too rough.

If he hasn't cut his finger nails in a while that can happen. I had that happen before and it was nothing. But he did have some fngernails that were in desperate need of trimming. It was years ago. I never went to the doctor or nothing for it. I have been many times since, with all of my prenatal check ups and everything else. And if something had been messed up I'm sure that they would have said something by now.

- Response by purkleduckie371014, A Cool Mom, Female, 22-25, Retail

You could have something else going on. or if he penetrated too deeply w/ his finger ..nail could have scratched your cervix...like we bleed after a pap sometimes... good luck

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

MMM Im thinking u either have a cervix scratch from his finger nail/s or u have break through bleeding from cycle. U mentioned u havnt had a cycle since MAY .. U need to hun. Women need to bleed thats what menstrals are about. Ok so u think u stopped bleeding now I agree with the nurse monitor yourself.
Dont stop your cycle from doing its natural course. blocking for one month is ok but no more than that is highly recommended at your young age. To be sure all is well down. Go to your Doctor please. U are covered. Do it no excuses.

my bf did that once but it wasnt that thick it was like a little paper cut, if he had finger nails it coulda broken something especially since he was doing it hard, if i was you i'd go into the er or make an appointmen with your doctor maybe he did a deep cut and since the bleeding semi stop it could be possible.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

Some guys like having sex with a bleeding woman, period or STD otherwise. You are fine.

- Response by sfgiants3, A Jock, Male, 26-28, San Francisco