Threesome with my Co-Worker ?!! WTF!
Sex & Intimacy / 2:47 PM - Saturday August 01, 2009

Threesome with my Co-Worker ?!! WTF!

I've encountered a lot of "unique" situations in my life but last night truly took the cake.

My husband and I (along with a couple of our other neighbors) were invited to another neighbor's birthday party. We had already made plans for one of my coworkers to come over for dinner (she's been going through some relationship issues) and I told our neighbor that but he said to bring her along because he wanted everyone to come over and celebrate with him. About 5 hours in to the evening me and another woman headed to the bathroom which is right next to the master bedroom in the hallway. There's laughter coming from the bedroom (the door is wide open) so we both turn to see what is going on. Low and behold there's my coworker and the neighbor's wife in bed together and totally naked with the birthday boy standing there (fully clothed). I was beyond flabbergasted. I booked it out of there and headed back outside. Not even 3 minutes later here comes the birthday boy asking everyone to leave because he has some things to "tend" to but everyone knows what is going on by now so I'm embarassed as hell because it involves a coworker that I was asked to invite (and no, they'd never met before).

Mind you, I could care less what other people do behind closed doors (however, it is weird to know what I do about them now) but damn, this is my co-worker, a woman I see everyday and if their sordid triangle goes bad then it'll be hell for me because my co-worker will bitch to me about it as well as my neighbors.

How would you feel if it were your co-worker?

She is only your colleague, not your friend. If drama ensues and she starts bitching at work while everyone else stares uncomfortably in their coffees, it's not like you have an obligation to listen to her. Threesomes in and of themselves can be done "properly" i.e. with thorough planning and a careful selection of the third wheel, but obviously this didn't happen here. She and your neighbor made the decision to involve her in this birthday threesome, not you. Simply because you originated the idea of bringing her along does not in any way put you at fault if she ends up splitting them or whatnot. If shit happens and they do try blaming you, you should bluntly remind them to accept the consequences of their own actions instead of bitching that it was someone else's fault. It would be like blaming you for giving them cavities because you left a Snickers bar on their sofa.

- Response by funkymustafa, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Boston, Military

She's a grown woman and capable of making her own decisions. You had nothing to do with what happened at the party and I wouldn't even bring it up again!!!!

I wouldn't feel the least bit responsible or care .....
What she does as an adult "stranger" with your neighbor is of no concern. I might snicker a bit now knowing she's loose or .... "sexually adventurous" but I had no involvement in it at all except for the invite. Maybe there's a reason she has "relationship issues". Life goes on ........

You know what? You all are grown adults and free to make individual choices. Therefore, if her choice of having a "trist" with your neighbor WILLINGLY and things go bad, that is HER fault and has NOTHING to do with you. And if she comes "bitchen" at you, you have to tell her to "step off" as she's a "big girl" who's capable of making "adult decisions" all by herself, and she did, so don't come to you to complain as you're NOT the customer service desk at the department store! Same goes for your "swinger" neighbors. If they come to you too, tell them you don't get involved with the "swinging" lifestyle and they made the choice, not you.

It's like being blamed for a bad meal at a restaurant you suggested. That's NOT your fault and if you think it is, you got some serious attitude adjustments that need to be made that benefit you. You don't control others and their behaviors, so how can you be responsible for them? Just like what happened with the co-worker and neighbor. They acted on their on volition.

Keep that in mind and stop acting like you're their PIMP and somebody is wanting their money back for a botched blow job.

Wow, that was quite a birthday gift! Don't worry, just stay out of it and if they say anything, say I'd rather not be involved. They are all consenting adults and they really should not ask you to get involved in any dramas that may result!

- Response by carrie1anne1, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?