I'm 27 and my geriatric boyfriend wears a diaper.
Dating / 2:07 AM - Saturday August 01, 2009

Ok, it's Depends. I'm disgusted by even the mere thought of this, but here goes...I'm somewhat of a self-professed "gold-digger" as much as I despise the term. However, 3 months ago I met this 60 year old man with tremendous success and actually a pretty dynamic personality. I never intended to get involved with him, but he was a "young" 60 year old, who flew me and my friends places and was a great host for lots of crazy parties. It actually ended up being kind of fun...until I discovered the diaper. One night when I was sleeping I happened to wake up and catch him in the lit-up bathroom, taking a "Depends" out of a massive box. Ever since, I've just been absolutely sick to my stomach. SO gross. He has everything to offer materially, but otherwise, I'm just on the verge of hurling every time I see his face now. What would you do?

- Asked by kasialace51, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35

Everyone acts like it's common for 60 yr olds to wear depends but it's not. Normally at 60 or 70 you don't need those. But he obviously has some problem which requires him to wear them. Too bad, he will probably hate it as much as you do. The question is what does a 27 yr old girl have in common with a 60 yr old man? He's older than your father. Go and find some guy your own age.

- Response by sofine, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Internet / New Media

Wow, all these people are acting like YOU'RE the bad person in this scenario--they see nothing at all offensive about a sixty year old man who necessarily has WAAAAAAAY more relationship experience than a 27 year old, who is essentially using a 27 year old for sex and has, in the process, grossed her out. I'm disgusted by the guy, not by you--everyone wants fun stuff and fun people, especially in our age range. But not every sixty year old attempts to rob the cradle.

Consider it thus: this guy is expendable and exchangeable. There are many more dirty old men out there who are willing to show you a fun time that may not be in depends. Go forth and find another dirty old man--they really are a time a dozen. ;)

Be careful what you wish for...you wanted someone with money and you got it along with an interesting twist. Find someone your own age and date them for who they are and not how much money they make.

- Response by cocoacurevelous, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 46-55, Administrative

Well that sounds like fun...basically, your choices are these:
1. Stop going after men for money and get with someone you can stand regardless of his financial assets
OR
2. Get used to changing diapers.

Me personally? I'm not going to be around diapers unless they're on the ass of a small person that I've spawned myself.

- Response by piratetink777, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

I'd find another boyfriend or suck it up and get used to the idea that lots of older people have Enuresis and need a depends to keep their dignity.

- Response by bnotafraid, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Artist / Musician / Writer

You dig... and you dig... and you dig... and you dig...
and, just WHAT kind of nugget did you uncover, GOLD!

My lady you have to accept him for who he is and by his heart and if it bothers you that much then find a younger guy that doesnt have to wear them and the old guy and the young girl will not work to many age problems and then to many depends??? NOT FOR ME!! NO! NO! NO! But if he is fun to be with over look the depends and I bet he is ashamed for having to wear them. I know I would be if I had a young pretty woman on my side ??

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

I would go "dig" somewhere else. But since you admit being a golddigger, probably the next sugar daddy will probaly be in depends.

by the time they get successful, they probably need them.. oh, you poor thing. lol looks like you wont be around to see him lodging his dentures in the tooth hotel. yes, that happened to me... and i too was turned off. good luck

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

wow, duh, I would start by getting bf in my own age group you weirdo

- Response by riverboat, A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, Lawyer

Evidently, "Mr Dynamic" has had some prostate or bladder issues. You will find many men in this age group to have similar problems. Don't kid yourself. He knows you aren't there for love but only for the good times he can show you.

What you need to do is to decide whether "being kept" as his "lil miss funtime" outweighs your disgust of the medical aging process of many men. If it doesn't, then you need to thank him for the good times, say "adios", and find you someone in your own age bracket.

I'm agreeing with married girl, first of all. Not that any of the other responses were off at all. As long as he was funding your parties and vacations, everything was ok...You are being a cruel young woman, by continuing this relationship. I'm sorry, but I'm old-school, I thought a relationship was mutual, you both give at times. If you cannot do that, then move on to your next victim. This may seem strange, coming from someone with an av and a screen-name like me (as well as my occupation, as a Correctional Officer), but I'm a caring human-being, as we all should be. My sig on all emails is " Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle". Please let him go, and let him find someone who truly cares and appreciates him.

- Response by tortureu2, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Well at least we know u use ppl u ae a gold digger and cant treat ppl with respect or dignity.

Karma comes back ten fold hun and yes with diapers on your ass too .

I'm going to say that if your main goal is to gold-dig, then so be it and deal with everything that comes with it. He knows that you are gold-digging and could probably care less. He is most likely sexing someone who is over 30 years younger than him. If you leave him he'll just find another you. I wonder if that makes you feel like shit? Knowing that you can be easily replaced in a heartbeat. Either way i'm not one to judge, just saying if you can't deal with the facts of aging then quit using older men.

Hun, you need to take charge of
your life. Would't it be better
If you went to school, and made
money for yourself? Then you
Could buy whatever you wanted
Youself. Plus, nothing lasts
Forever. Your boyfriend could
meet a lady closer to his age that
He might fall in love with
Then where would you be?
Also I am curious
Do u have sex with him?
if so u can do that
And stomach it? How is that?

- Response by burberrybrit69, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

Honestly I just don't like you. And I hope your geriatric boyfriend shits in his diaper while he's in bed with you.

- Response by oaklandguy1, A Creative, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles

Did you consider asking him about it? It could be something temporary. BPH is common at his age. And most other urinary issues can be treated with medicine or surgery at most. Being honest about your situation out here made me respect you as a 21st century go gettin it for herself woman. But acting like ur 7 and talking about hurling when you see someone with a medical issue makes me think ur not really ready for all the big girl decisions you will have to make now. But I still wish you Luck and Peace and Someone who loves you someday for who you are not how you look underneath him....

- Response by liabbee, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Managerial

at least he changes himself*

60 is not THAT old. Get your shovel, you'll be diggin for another 10 or 20 years with this guy.

Get out of this situation, b/c you know just as well as we all do that it's not a good situation.

If money is important to you when it comes to dating, then find a younger man who is financially stable. They are out there. But you have to give and take sometimes. Money vs. looks and personality.

- Response by trueseeker82, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Ever consider finding someone your age???

Ask yourself if it's worth it. The love of money is the root of all evil.

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

funniest post all week...

- Response by kramer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

well if you want a man that has that much money, typically they're going to be older and consider that part of the price that you have to pay for it.

Or perhaps do some online research to find out what herbs and nutrients he might be able to take to help with that condition as they are many things other than medication that can help. Even doing various PC muscle exercises, dietary changes, etc.

There are some things in life that I would put up with if I were to be trying to find someone to 'take care of me' but I sure wouldn't put up with diapers because there's no telling whether he would expect me to help him every now and then...if this is not something you can deal with, then end it with him and let him know that it has nothing to do with him because you can end up hurting him a lot if he finds out the real reason you can't be around him...:D

the life of a gold digger must be rough! you need to get your priorities in order. if the parties and fun are worth what you have to give, then stay. if you don't like diapers i suggest that you don't ever have children. as for what i would do, i wouldn't be a gold digger! lol

- Response by divadancer2, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Sweetheart - being as superficial as you are -- I think if I were you -- when I looked at my ownself, I would hurl.

- Response by cremebrulee67, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Administrative

That's way too young to be wearing "Depends". Perhaps he has a prostate problem and urinary incontinance and dribbles a bit and that's why he wears one (just to play it safe). Either way, he's way too old for you. There are financially well-off guys your own age.

- Response by italiangypsy, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Philadelphia, Managerial

OK so this is a little humiliating but here goes.

When I met my wife she was sleeping with this guy who was 64, she was 21. He's old and rich and has no family.

Anyhow my wife is now 34, and she still sleeps with the guy three or four times a week during the day, and she openly admits to me that it is no longer about his money but that he really is that much better than me. Although she said she stopped spending the night at his place once he started to wear Depends at night.

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

I think you need to find someone younger.

- Response by cbearalicious, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Oklahoma City, Medical / Dental

I think you should say goodbye to this old fellow, and go find someone around your own age - and without an incontinence problem.

Wow. How incredibly insensitive. What are you doing with a 60 year old man that's old enough to be your grandpa? Seriously, are you so insecure with yourself that you have to rely on the wealth of an older man? He wears "Depends" its probably for a good reason. Same reason YOU wear pads during that time of the month: So you don't make a mess. Logical right?

Stop being a gold-digging player and go for someone more around your age. Our ages are just as successful as the older generation if they chose do to that.

I know I sound judgmental, but since you did ask, why hold back my opinions? You wanted to see him, so accept it, growing up or get out of it. Your choice.

- Response by authorgirl, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Student

What goes around comes around....let me break it down for you....when you give shit, you get shit in return. Poor guy...hope he realizes how you truly feel.

I would reconsider being a gold digger. If material is all that you're after eventually its going to catch up with you. Karmas a bitch.

- Response by A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28

HAHAHAHA!! You got what you deserve girl! Reread what you just wrote and prove me wrong. hahaha

- Response by lakerboy96, A Creative, Male, 29-35

I would love to be a fly on the way when you turn 60... when you look in the mirror and see a fat, old woman that no one flirts with anymore, no one asks out, and you just sit at home alone every night crying yourself to sleep wondering why no one wants you...

Careful how you spend your youth, you tend to pay for it in your old age.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching

Is this a real post?

- Response by ebm3, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

I think you've outdone yourself on this......he deserves someone much better than you.

- Response by A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed