My girlfriend broke up with me and told me we need a break? what should i do?
Dating / 7:45 PM - Wednesday July 29, 2009

my girlfriend broke up with me and told me we need a break? what should i do?

My girlfriend wanted me to move out 2 sundays ago but wanted me to keep the keys to the place. I moved out and things were still good as far as I knew. I seen her quite often and I asked her last friday if we our good and is the relationship good. She replied and said yes, and that im worrying to much about it. Then it came sat, sun, mon and i havent heard from her. I got off work early on tuesday and was gonna stop by and see her before she went to work but she told me not to. I asked her if i could meet her at her work and see her before she went it. She said i could. When she pulled up she walked me to the back of the parking lot and gave me that look and i said its coming isn't it. She said it's not me its her. That she still loves me as a person but has fallen out of love with me. We have been dating for 8 months and lived with each other for 5 months. What should i do? I still have all these strong feelings for her? I no i need to give her, her space and see if she calls and misses me. I do wanna try and work things out and get back together. Any suggestions????

Give her the space. Don't call her, she will call you when she realizes she misses you. As a female, it will only be a matter of time that she misses the little things that you two did together. Unless there is someone else she wants to see. And if that is the case. I'm sorry. But you will have to wait till he messes up. And give it a little bit of time and if she still hasn't come back. Time to move on.

- Response by FightingLover, A Life of the Party, Female, 26-28

I can't believe I'm giving a man an advice to get to a girl today, but since you seem sincere I will try to help:-)

Just ignore her all together, don't answer her calls, texts and emails. Go to where you can spot her but with another hot arm candy, say hello to her but ignore her and leave the party before her. In fact, that what should do for your own good, you never know what would be inside when another door opens

That would be enough to get her attention again and she might think it over since she knows that she has lost you.

We all hate to be forgotten specially *that quick* from a lover.

Best

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

The only thing you need to do is give her space. She needs space and not giving her what she needs is only going to push her away. Sometimes absence in love makes the heart grow fonder. So just leave her alone and let her come to you, if she wants to. If she doesn't, then just move on. But if you push the issue you'll only be pushing her. Let her contact you and occupy your time with friends and hobbies. Best of luck.

- Response by kelico, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, New Orleans, Administrative

Wow, you two took quite a leap moving in together so recently in your relationship. Maybe that's why she's feeling the way she does.

Plus being that you two were only together 8 months, I can see why this is super hard for you to deal with because of all the emotion that it brings on.

I would say just give her the space that she is asking for. I hope that she isn't trying to find someone else, but that would explain why she didn't want you stopping by her place, but being okay with you showing up at her job.

Just let it go for now. Take care of yourself. Don't let the breakup affect you negatively. Don't let her see you sweat. Hopefully she'll come around.

Hope this helped.

- Response by alicat11509, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Boston, Who Cares?