She ignored my text!!
Dating / 7:47 AM - Wednesday July 29, 2009

She ignored my text!!

Had ALOT OF OBVIOUS AND MUTUAL interest from this girl a few years back . Things fizzled out but I bumped into her recently and we swapped numbers. I text her last night (how r u..how was ur night..blah blah) but didnt get a text back.
I take it most girls who are interested would reply immediately-so get the message. Is it worth persisting or should I forget bout it

Why give me the right number if shes only gonna ignore my texts- also i didnt randomly ask for her number- she hinted at wanting to stay in touch

- Asked by Male, Who Cares?

Just like when you posted this yesterday....

Patience.

Maybe she misplaced your number before she got a chance to put your number in her Contacts list, and when she saw your text, she didn't know who it was from or didn't know if it was a "mistaken text" (I've gotten texts from strangers a few times that I have no idea why I got them - maybe they entered the wrong phone #?) and decided not to answer it.

OR maybe her phone was being charged and she didn't know she had a text.

OR maybe she lost her phone, or misplaced it and didn't have it with her.

OR maybe she was on a date and couldn't answer you back quickly.

OR maybe her phone service is messed up and she didn't receive it (my service was messed up recently and I had 15 voice messages I didn't know I had received - those people didn't get mad at me for not calling them back right away - hell, I didn't know they had called for days!!!)..the point is: there could be lots of valid reasons for her not texting you back immediately.

Because you can't know why she didn't text you back, it seems a tad "dramatic" for you to take her silence so personally - to feel "slighted" at her not responding to you immediately.

Just try to chill. There's no reason to "forget about it". There's no need to get upset. It is what it is - an unanswered text (so far) for unknown reasons - there's no need to take that personally and there's no need to "punish" her for it (by deciding to forget about it or get angry that she "ignored" you even though she hinted she wanted to stay in touch).

- Response by kiki812, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Atlanta, Artist / Musician / Writer

Call her up few days later.

- Response by chichek, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Moscow, Other Profession

Give it one more shot, then... if there's no reply... FOLD!

The same way men ask girls' number but never call.

They're jut not that interested after out of sight, out of mind theory:-)

Cheers

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

Maybe she was asleep or busy. I have done this as well, maybe she is just not interested. Good luck. Move on.

- Response by unpredictable45, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Managerial

People aren't sitting around waiting for a text. They have lives and are busy. She may not have seen the text, was busy at the time or can't answer when to texted her. She isn't exactly your gf or anything like that. So she and others answer at their leisure... Texting, phoning and emailing are invasions of your privacy and will be answered when the other person has the time.