What are the signs of being a nymphomaniac? Is there something wrong with me?
Sex & Intimacy / 3:00 PM - Tuesday July 28, 2009

Me and my boyfriend have sex constantly thru out the day. And when I am alone I masturbate multiple multiple times until he gets off work so we can have sex again. I can't get enough! Is there something wrong with me?

Update: July 28, 2009.
Ok so many men would like to have a girl like that. But i'm also afraid he's going to get sick of it... that's what happened in my last relationship. At first, we had sex so much, every day, some times multiple times a day (def not as much as me and my current boyfriend) but nonetheless more then normal I'd say. So I should try and calm it down so it doesn't get old for him right? Because geezzz, this could never get old for me.

Update: July 28, 2009.
I have great sex with my partner. Why do you think I keep cumming back for more... haha I meant coming... gah... haha

- Asked by FightingLover, A Life of the Party, Female, 26-28

i think it becomes an issue when it is disrupting the normal flow of your life. I've been like that for weeks in a row but i wasn't having sex because my guy is away so i was masterbating to deal with him not being there. When we are together (in the same state) i don't masterbate because he takes care of me... i just pounce him! You just have to ask yourself if it's disrupting your life in ANY way. Is it causing you to use the bathroom at work to masterbate. Can you not go without sex when you see your bf. Do you avoid events/places where you can't go masterbate if you feel the urge. If the answer is yes, then you need to seek help. If it's just a matter of you liking sex and wanting to masterbate but you control when, where and with whom you do it.. then you are probably ok

here is the definition from wikipedia:
Sexual addiction refers to a phenomenon in which individuals report being unable to manage their sexual behavior. It has also been called "hypersexuality," "sexual dependency," and "sexual compulsivity." The existence of the condition is not universally accepted by sexologists and its etiology, nature, and validity have been debated.

- Response by joent612, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Administrative

Seems like you need a job. That will take care of it.

- Response by boggob, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Political / Government

no...please encourage all those around you to be the same...

- Response by rollinhigheh, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

No, there's nothing "wrong" with you. everyone has different levels of sexual energy, opportunities, interest, and phases that come and go with the tides of life. You, apparently, are at High Tide with some coastal flooding as well, and a possible tsunami or two on the way.

Enjoy.

- Response by ocelotspot, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

An addiction is any repeated behavior which keeps you from functioning in life.

I would say you have a sexual addiction. There are therapists and support groups which can help you when you are ready to maintain a normal and healthy lifestyle.

While I don't think you are perfectly normal for a woman, I do think you are perfect.

And as a guy, I can say that if there is something wrong with you, I wish we could bottle it and sell it. We would both be very rich.

Except for the having sex constantly through the day part (although I always wanted to do that), you sound just like me. Masturbate constantly and wanting sex.

Is there something wrong with being a nymphomaniac? I think that is a name that women who don't like sex have given someone who does.

Same for being a sex addict. I am. It seems ok. I don't want a cure, I just want to get laid.

Good luck, the boyfriend will be home soon and you can go screw his brains out.

Nope. You're every mans dream. Keep on doing what your doing you vixen!!!!!!!!!!

- Response by ereculus, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Boston, Other Profession

You just have a high sex drive, it's totally normal especially for someone your age. Go for it, enjoy! Nymphomania/sex addiction is very, very different from your situation. Sex addicts cannot have normal relationships. They cheat constantly, have sex with strangers, anyone who will have sex with them really, they do it compulsively, like an alcoholic with booze. Sex is not about pleasure anymore, it's a driving need, a constant strain on one's relationships and daily lives. Would you consider yourself an alcoholic because you like to drink at parties or have a beer or two a couple nights a week? I wouldn't. So why would you consider yourself a sex addict for liking to have sex a couple times a day?

- Response by dinkylorenzo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, New York, Artist / Musician / Writer

No there's nothing wrong with you....maybe you just haven't had great sex yet....LOL....

- Response by lab01, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, St.Louis, Other Profession