How long after conception do you start feeling like you are pregnant.
Sex & Intimacy / 7:49 PM - Monday July 27, 2009

how long after conception do you start feeling like you are pregnant.

a girl in my class today told me that she and her bf had sex 5 days ago and now she thinks she's pregnant cause she thinks she was ovulating that day because it was on her 13th day from the first day of her last period or something like that. anyway, she says now she feels a little crampy in her stomach and is feeling a bit tired and says she recalls feeling this way with her last pregnancy but cant remember how long it was after she conceived that she started feeling this way. is she nuts or what? its like she just wants to be pregnant or something! i was gonna tell her its too early to tell yet but she's already so excited i didnt want to bust her bubble. i was just curious if she'd be able to tell this soon? do u really start getting menstrual feeling cramps just a few days after conception? in her case only 5 days? it just sounds silly but i didnt want her to think i was making fun of her if i argued with her. is she a total loon or what??

- Asked by lilmisscheery, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, San Antonio, Who Cares?

Its a toss up.

I watched a show last night on TLC, about women who gave birth without even knowing they were pregnant. They didn't have the usual symptoms, and any weight gain, if any (a few lost weight) was evenly distributed and not the "belly" we're all used to.

Other side of the coin, my sis in law SO wanted to have another baby, that despite contined neg tests, she was sure she was. She experienced the symptoms, and her belly grew...for several months.

We didn't know what to think...with all the neg tests and all.

Finally, she had an ultrasound, and had to face the fact that she wasn't pregnant. It was phychosymatic. Her body reacted to her intense desire, but could only sustain it so long. Fortunately, nothing else was wrong, and once she accepted the fact she wasn't pregnant, her body returned to normal. :)

Your friend may or may not be pregnant. Encourage her to test as soon as she's able.

No need to rain on her parade, but try and keep her practical.

Best wishes! :)

Seriously, it varies. With one pregnancy I could swear I felt it implant though I know that's impossible (which happened almost immediately) it was the next day I began getting nose bleeds, congestion, and a mild headache...dead give away I was pregnant, you just know something isn't normal with you. That being said, two weeks before I miscarried that one (I had dreams where my grandmother told me the baby was gone-weird like I woke up screaming looking for it, symptoms stopped, etc.), I called the doctor and told him I knew the baby was gone...he called me in my HCG levels were normal not to worry, two weeks later I miscarried and it was the size of baby two weeks younger than the projected age my child should have been. So while it's easy to say the girl is crazy, there's something about that mother child brain connection that sometimes you just know.

- Response by ready4sumfun, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

You can feel "the change" within hours after conception.

It COULD be her mind though, also creating a bunch of stress that mimics the symptoms of pregnancy...

....however, I felt nauseous and "different" within 24 hours of each of my preggos---tender breasts and so forth.

- Response by ocelotspot, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

I'm married, I have 4 children and each pregnancy I had...I knew in less than a week that I'm pregnant. It's not the cramps or blood spot kind of symptoms but my sense of smelling becomes extremely sensitive and very sensitive in any kind of motion...this makes me feel dizzy and feels like a morning sickness...but feel it in less than a week until confirmed I'm pregnant. So, that proves that it's not all in the book. ;)

- Response by spiritintheair, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

She's insane. Your hormone levels aren't high enough until 5-6 weeks to feel anything.

Tell her to freakin' get married and then try to have a baby.

LMAO at Myndseye's response.....because it was the first thing I thought when I read your post... :)

You don't feel squat in the FIVE DAYS following a dalliance....and although even after SIX WEEKS the hormone levels may be high enough, some woman do not feel a thing....I didn't.

She needs to relax...........and if she really wants to know....have her get one of those EPT tests.....although I am not sure how soon she can use it to get an accurate reading.

Dang.....I wish I had stock in EPT Test Kits.......your friend is going to start taking one a day.....LOL

- Response by zibet58, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Teaching

My sister said she noticed with her second pregnancy like the first week I think. She said she remembered weird feeling in her stomach when she was pregnant the first time but didn't think anythign of it and didn't really notice it. It was in retrospect that she realized the feeling and knew when she was pregnant the second time before she even took a test.

- Response by baybreeze69, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?