I had an erotic dream about a co-worker.
Sex & Intimacy / 5:30 PM - Monday July 27, 2009

Last night I had a very erotic/sexual dream about a coworker. He is a very good looking guy, but is married and I am in a relationship. I have only thought of him as a good friend. Kinda like a little brother(he's about 10yrs younger than me). We share a lot of personal stories that we wouldn't tell most. He likes for me to send him provocative emails and text messages and lives vicariously through stories of my sex life. His wife is very traditional where my man likes to experiment ALOT!! My question is knowing the condition of our relationship "Would you tell him about the dream?"

- Asked by joni2go, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Oklahoma City, Administrative

You have already crossed a boundary with this man. Sharing sexual exploits is a kind of intimate sharing that makes physical intimacy more likely. Don't kid yourself that it doesn't. And how do you really know his wife is very traditional in the bedroom????You are going by this man's judgement of his wife...and it's not very flattering which makes this kind of commentary a betrayal. He is grooming you whether you want to believe that or not. He's grooming you to be a potential sexual partner. If you have a partner you are happy with you'd be smart to put the breaks on here and re-erect some boundaries here.

- Response by joybird, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Yeah I would. Based on your realtionship it sounds like he would think it is funny. But if you feel uncomfortable about telling him then don't. I mean in this case it just kinda depends on how you feel.

- Response by brittaneydoyle513, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Home Maker

Oh...this really weirds me out.

Sounds like an emotional affair to me...

I would be careful, I guess. The wifey would probably hate what you are helping him do...and that's never good. You may be pulling him farther away from wanting to be intimate with her as well...you don't want to cause a rift...I don't think...

I would consider divorcing my husband if he had this kind of relationship with someone else.

I wouldn't. No. Don't tell him unless you're fine with the possible butterfly effect.

- Response by greenolive, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Hospitality

I would first tell your husband that you've been sharing sex stories and having wet dreams with another man.

- Response by lmarks, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

persoanlly and it is only my thought.

I would do my best to move the direction away from the sexual angle and think this has a potential to do more harm than good for all 4 people involved. No dont tell him is my thoughts

best wishes

- Response by wham123, An Intellectual Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I think you are both playing with fire here.
If your significant others found your emails or texts would they be hurt? What about your boss/co-workers?
Your professional relationship is inappropriate to put it mildly.

- Response by oneirishwitch, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Artist / Musician / Writer

of course I would !!! And I'd make his fantacies come true!!!

- Response by patricktexture87, Female, 66 or older

he has crossed the line from brotherly type stuff to emotional affair as have you. details of sexual lives are something way beyond what normal friends of the opposite talk about. definitely do not tell him about dreams like what you describe if you wish to stay married....because doing so will invite something more such as an affair. your dreams are a manifestation of you feeling more then you should.

- Response by sirkermittsg, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Dallas, Transportation