GUYS, would you only call a girl gorgeous if you fancied her?
Dating / 1:40 PM - Monday July 27, 2009

I get that a lot of guys call girls sweetie, honey or babe, etc just like they might call a guy mate, or buddy etc,
But if a guy uses the term gorgeous idk it feels a bit diffirent, guys if you use the term gorgeous on a girl would you use it for any girl? or only ones you find attractive/like?

No, I call women who are georgous, "georgous" no matter who they are.

- Response by trhjr1, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Bottom line: Everyone is different and uses different speach and words. Personality plays a big part in a persons word selection. Some guys call all girls gorgeous as in, "hey gorgeous". For the most part, a guy will give a girl a compliment as a method of flirting with her in social situations. In this, it is more than likely that he calls all of the girls similarly (gorgeous, babe, honey, etc...). It may also help to look at the meaning of the word itself: To call someone a sweetie would mean that you would have to know them to some extent or at least that they have done something sweet for you to warrent them "sweetie". "Honey" typically is standard in long-term relationships or sometimes as a derogatory comment "back of honey". Terms like beautiful and gorgeous more simply define how someone appears physically. (Although there is also inner beauty). So, in new meetings between guys and girls, it's more common to compliment on outer physical appearance because we simply don't know enough about you to make comment on you. To summarize: If he calls one girl gorgeous, he probably calls many women gorgeous. Is gorgeous a "more special" term to guys? Not necessarily -- depends on the individual guy.

- Response by markm, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, San Diego

I'm not sure my boyfriend has ever called me gorgeous. He has called me pretty and beautiful before though.

i've only called 2 girls in my life gorgeous. and one is my fiancee. it takes someone extremely beautiful on the outside as well as the inside to EARN that title.

but there are a lot less scrupulous guys out there that would use that term just to get down a girls pants. if they say it too early without getting to know the real you, then they are just full of sh!t

Generally if i'm complimenting you, then you already have potential.

...Which is why I dont compliment much anymore.

*shows ring finger*

- Response by dreamguide66, An Intellectual Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Technical

If she is gorgeous, I tell her plain and simple. I don't use the term on just anyone, just the ones that are truly gorgeous.

- Response by vandalayart, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Denver, Science / Engineering