What do you think of the word "babe"? Do guys use the word babe for every girl or should it only be
Dating / 1:23 PM - Sunday July 26, 2009

used for girlfriends? I don't just call any guy babe unless it's a boyfriend but that's just me.

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

That used to be applied to young MEN, inexperienced in worldly ways. That's why they called George Ruth "Babe."

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

didn't you just ask this yesterday?

the term babe is a term of endearment, and should be restricted to those you are intimate with.

I know a guy that calls all girls babe. Its cute :) We ARE babes!!!!

- Response by honey1306, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Denver, Who Cares?

I think it just depends on the person. I have always called everyone sweetie or hon. It is just a habit I got into and it seems natural for me to say that to males or females. To me it is a show of personal respect. That is just the way we are where I come from. Everyone is just very friendly. Well, you may encounter a few rednecks that don't know how to behave themselves when let out in public. That goes on everywhere. I wouldn't worry about it. If he is saying it to everyone, I think it is just one of those habit things. Not unless you think he is just flirting with every woman when he is with you and that is just sucky and needs to stop. You be the judge sweetie. I am sure you can tell. It is something you are just uncomfortable with?? Or is it just a habit of his??

Best of luck in finding what you seek
Thundergrl

- Response by thundergrl, A Life of the Party, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Sup babe.

- Response by kungfudewd, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

It varies.

Some guys only use it for their girlfriends, while some call every woman "babe" or "baby".

Don't stress over it. It's only a word.

No, babe, I never use the term.

I don't know anyone who uses babe as a catchall...but I hear honey, and sweetie a lot.

Personally, I do use honey or sweetie when addressing children, any child. But adults are called by their names, or Maam or Sir, if I don't know their names.

Babe, to me is an endearment that belongs in a relationship.

My father used to call my mother "babe." I never heard him call anyone else that. And I never heard any other man use it at all, other than in the movies or TV.