What's the deal with men who treat women with disrespect? Is it insecurity or something?
Dating / 9:53 PM - Saturday July 25, 2009

Are men who treat women in such a horrible way sacred of them? Are they weak inside? what's their deal? I mean, men need women in their life (and women need men, too).

Even if someone treated you bad, for example, like your own mother, it don't mean all women have to pay for it?

I've met some jerks in my life but I still generally really love men - men are ace!

There's gotta be another reason that I'm not aware of.

I mean, most people would be nice to the opposite sex, right?

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

men who grow up without a father are more likely to treat women with disrespect, I think. Also, women who grow up without a father are more likely to put up with bad behavior from men. there are statistics to back this up...

part of the reason men treat women badly today - women let them. as long as a good proportion of women tolerate and even reward men for being jerks, men will continue to be jerks.

I have never had a problem with dating a jerk because I only tolerate jerky behavior for one date, at most. The minute a guy started treating me badly, I dumped him. So the guys I dated always treated me well.

If you act like a lady and expect men to treat you like a lady, you will attract and keep men who treat you like a lady.

- Response by curvysmartgirl, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

It happens quite often, but, in much research on this matter, the underline is still mostly from the results of a mom, caregiver, sister, or another female that was introduced in the male's life at an early age.
Sometimes, men see too much negative behavior from a feminine, and therefore, treat all like they do not deserve respect.
That saying, "The way he treats his mother is the way he will treat all women."
Rings true...also, if something bad happened to the male when he was a child, he believes that the mother should have been there to protect him, and this is also a deep rooted reason for the male's abuse to the feminine.

Being "nice" doesn't cut it with women. Take a look around. Women never give nice guys a chance. Women LOVE drama and nice guys don't give it to them. Treat a woman badly and you can't get rid of her. It isn't men's fault, it's the women who have set this game playing up.

- Response by dragonblade, A Rebel, Male, Who Cares?, Artist / Musician / Writer