What does a man really think about a woman who sleeps with him early on in the relationship?
Sex & Intimacy / 4:36 PM - Saturday July 25, 2009

Okay, according to Steve Harvey's new book, "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man", a woman should wait 90 days before sleeping with someone. Not just to be sure he's worthy, but to let him know she has standards, otherwise he's liable to think she does that with others and lose respect for her. If he's not willing to wait that long then he's just not that "in to you". Steve Harvey compares it to a new employee who has a 90-day waiting period before receiving benefits. So, how do men REALLY feel about a woman who sleeps with him sooner than 90 days? I don't mean on the first date. But, would a man still respect a woman and take her seriously if she slept with him after only...say...30 days?

- Asked by nutrigirl, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Other Profession

I know you're pretty much looking for male responses. But, Steve Harvey let all of the secrets out. I love that book. I don't care what some say. I think most of what he says is on point. Because, this man doesn't know me, but I've experienced so much of what he's talked about. From, what I've done and why, to the reaction from the males. I didn't find too much wrong with anything he said. It is not a male-bashing book. And, it holds women accountable for the types of men and relationships they allow into their lives.

I love the story he shares about his then girlfriend that later became his wife. He helps women understand without diminishing their value and worth, for being well..stupid sometimes. He's just telling us the real deal from a man's perspective, instead of our girlfriends and female family members. I personally, believe if you start sex too soon, it will be the most interesting thing about you, for them. I'd rather them get to be interested in the other parts of me, besides my body parts. IMO I'll be interested to read the males of A/O responses.

She wants sex. He wants sex. They should get along well.

Steve Harvey is nuts.

Steve Harvey is nuts.

As long as you wait after a few dates, I don't see the big deal. I think women tend to overanalyze this. 90 days is a little steep. Yeah, I think the thrill of the chase is over if you give in too soon, but depending on the chemistry I have with someone, sometimes I'll wait for 5 dates, other times a little sooner or a little later. It just depends on the guy. I even had a friend marry a guy she had her first and only one night stand with. This is definitely the exception, not the rule, but it really depends on the couple, I think, and how compatible they are. I think in addition to waiting a little while to have sex, being a little unavailable can help too, even after you've slept together. Keep him wanting more. I think it works.

- Response by A Player, Female, 29-35, Retail

If meeting him on a once a week bases, you dated 4 times, and jumped in bed with him! You sound pretty easy to me.......

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Huh? ninety days? My number is two weeks. After that you're worthy of someone else.

That's nuts.

steve harvey has your money- and most guys are going to find women who are attracted to them- not those playing games

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

30 days is fine. Most guys wouldn't wait 90.

- Response by nytewulf, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

If they do not like me enough to sleep with me before 30 days there are no seeing them at all as we are not virgins