Can you tell by the way a guy hugs you that he likes you as more than a friend?
Dating / 2:42 AM - Saturday July 25, 2009

If he hugs you and he slowly rubs your back while he is hugging you and it is a long hug does that mean more than friendship?

Possibly, I myself can never do this right. I say to myself 'ok you can do this, just be friendly, but behave' and 5 minutes later we are still making out. However one of my good friends cannot hug/kiss a girls to save his life. He almost always leaves on a handshake, with a "And a good night to you." I guess as far as you're concerned, guys are very, very bad at picking up on your vibe. You may never want to see this guy again and he will kiss you (me). Or you may be hot for this dude and he will walk away thinking you're not intersted(my friend).

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Chicago

The body language experts would tell you that one simple gesture can answer this question.

Does the person PULL YOU IN TO THEM when they hug you. That is the most significant sign that the hug has deeper meaning.

If he hugs me & rubs my back, I knee him squarely in the nuts!

Didn' you already ask this and get several answers????Werren't the the right answers?????

Oh hell, honey, the hug says it all. It's just a hug. If he was that into you, he'd mount the hell outta you. Don't read too much into this. Men are totally direct for the most part. You usually have no doubts when the dude is real into you.

- Response by A Player, Female, 29-35, Retail

I hugged a guy once who is hands down the best hugger ever! And he pulled me, rubbed my back, etc. Conclusion? He hugs ALL the girls that way. Either he is a natural born hugger, or he's a player. Either way, its just a hug, so I would not even read into it at all.

- Response by honey1306, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Denver, Who Cares?

I cannot answer this question any differently than I did the way6 you gave your first-responder the same question.

- Response by tortureu2, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Everyone needs a hug .. what else happens whilst hugging is what is really going on . LOL
MM could be more in it or is the oerson doing the huggin just a touchy feeling type person. Might be telling u what he really wants also. LOL

DEFINITLY...sometimes i just cant let go.

- Response by hwyrider, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retired