I realized I don't have any true friends. This came after the most difficult time in my life.
Friendship / 10:58 PM - Friday July 24, 2009

How do I go on? I've lost my interest in living. I'm not suicidal, or depressed, but simply reacting to the harsh reality that I really have nobody who cares enough about/for me. All my "friends" abandoned me during the most difficult time of my life. This is including a friend of 20+ years. I've always been too nice, and too caring, and self less...and this has gotten me in such a bad place, those kind of qualities, I've come to realize, just don't work in this world.
There is nothing worse than the feeling of being absolutely alone in the world. I used to be a very passionate person, before my horrible situation. I feel I lost every ounce of it. Its impossible to live with passion when you can't share it with anyone. I feel awful!

I've been backstabbed, dumped by family at 13 on the streets. But blessed to have a survival instinct. i wish there was a way I could find the words to give you a fighting spirit and go on and make real friends. sometimes, when we're kicked when we're down it breaks our spirit. and other's avoid us because we hang back and look sad. have you tried counseling? church? a pet? I do hope you make a come back and learn to socialize and trust again. I feel you will. feel free to contact me if you care to express yourself.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

I've been there myself, so I know what you're going through. But unlike you there have been many times in my life when suicide was not only appealing, but seemed to be my only option. No one to turn to, no one to even talk to. If I died right then it would be a month or so before anyone even knew it. What gets me through it is knowing there is a woman out there who is looking for me, just as I am looking for her. If I killed myself she would never find me, and her hope would be in vain. I don't want to do that to her, just as I wouldn't want her to do that to me.

Has it ever occured to you that you might be someone's dream come true? Hope is the doorstop that keeps the door of insanity from slaming shut in our face. Right now things seem dark and empty, but this will pass. Trust me on this.

- Response by dragonblade, A Rebel, Male, Who Cares?, Artist / Musician / Writer

Why werent we told that we now had a teeny bopper section

There, there... Talk to me, Sweetie!

What's gotten you in this awful "funk"?

<FEEL FREE TO PM me, ...Let's talk, huh?

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. Yet, only YOU can change your situation.

Unfortunately, we live in a very selfish society these days where many don't want to be bothered with others misfortunes or play a role in their support system.

What it also means is, you need to rebuild your support system and make new friends.

You shouldn't feel awful. It is your horrible "supposed" friends who should feel awful. So, don't have a pity party and see that you've gotten past the "event" in your life and now you can start anew and get new friends.

Awful. I am sure you feel horrible. I'm sorry. There are friends to be had in this world, and sometimes we can find ourselves picking the oddest ones at the oddest times to help us through, other times, friends we thought we had will disappoint us like this. Life is hard when you feel so alone. Hang in there and share with a good friend on here... I've made some good ones and at least so far it has proven to be a good place. I'm learning about some of the nuances of an online social world, but this is a good thing. I hope it gets better for you soon...

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

I know exactly how you feel. When you give a damn, but nobody else does, it can be very disheartening.

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

That really sucks.... I think most of us have felt this way.. Sometimes when we feel like we have lost friends, its not them, it turnes out to be us. becasue we withdraw. I dont know what your strech of bad luck has been, but unless any of your freinds have been there, they don't understand... we never really understand unless we have walked in those shoes. and sometimes our freinds just need a break from our complaining.. I have been though it all..... e-mail me anytime...Dana

- Response by dana1148, A Player, Female, 36-45, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

I know how you feel. I am not just saying that either.
I am seperating from my wife of 12 years due to her inability to care for our children. She suffers from mental illness. I feel like people in her family that I have trusted before acannot be trusted now. They have called child protective services on me to attempt to get my kids taken away and recently i found out that grandma was talkin to my daughter about how I lie and keep mommy from gettin better. I mean these were people I thought I could count on for help. To make things worse I found out my brother has so many secrets that it keeps him from watching my children while I work at night and I thought what could he be doingbetween 9 at night til 7 am that he has to keep secret. I often feel that I have no where to turn luckily my mother has been at my side for everything. So please...have faith and keep your chin up, do not allow others' perception of you make you feel unworthy. True friends are out here some where. Maybe in your time of need you'll find one. Good luck.

- Response by genericname, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

Don't loose faith so quickly everyone isn't bad.

- Response by Ghostrider8t0, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Technical

Ah honey I feel like that now too. You have to hold on. Get a hobby, make new friends. There are people out there will accept you through the good and the bad. First, get out of your house. Sitting there staring at the walls is not gonna help. Go for a walk. Go to the mall. Go to the zoo. Do something. I am going to therapy now and it is helping. Maybe you should too. I have gotten OCD with working out, lost almost 60 pounds now, try that. Get a new workout, get all the energy into that. Good luck!

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering