Would you call hanging out with other guy friends cheating on your boyfriend?
Dating / 3:48 PM - Friday July 24, 2009

okay i have a boyfriend..but would it hurt to go out with guy friends here and there..just as long as i notify him and make sure its okay right..please help me out here

Why can't your boyfriend be part of the group if you are just hanging out? I think you want drama..Rosey

Maybe not. can he do the same thing with other women? I think at your age this may cause stress. If you want to be single just be single.

You should have to ask him if you can do anything. He is not your keeper and as long as you let him know what you are planning, it is not cheating.

That answer is between you and your boyfriend.My husband know who I hang out with and has no problem.So talk with him.

you're too young to worry about this kinda stuff, just do whatever you like

- Response by seanc, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Financial / Banking

I have this same problem, but no it's not cheating unless you're hooking up with one of your guy friends. I have a lot of guy friends who I don't see so much anymore just because it makes my boyfriend uncomfortable. I respect his feelings, but at the same time, I do miss hanging out with those friends. A couple of them are even gay, so I really don't know why my boyfriend is threatened. Who knows? Talk to him and see what he thinks. Maybe even bring him along when you go out with these guys just so he doesn't feel insecure.

- Response by bellajayde1, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, San Jose, Who Cares?

Only if your cool with him doing the same with his female friends.

- Response by 1man4commonsense, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

No its not cheating in my opinion.

- Response by raceygirl, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

You don't need his permission to hang out with your friends. Most of my friends are guys. What you could do is invite your boyfriend to spend time with you and your friends so he can get to know them and know they are no threat to your relationship.

- Response by boudoirnovelties, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Consulting

no guy wants to be your friend, guys do not need female friends, their guy friends are more fun

if a guy is wanting to hang out with a girl it is solely because he is working an angle, we guys are ALWAYS working angles with our female friends

so know that, if you are attractive these guys would have sex with you right then if you would let them, that being the case it can never be truely platonic unless he is gay or the woman is not attractive in any way

as a bf, i would not be happy about it at all, i would have to let you cuase i would not control or own you, but i would then go hang out with my single female friends,

it would rub me wrong is all, cause i know what guys are thinking seeing that i am one, and all guys know this

aloha

- Response by beautifulloser, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Executive

of course not .i have a ton of guy friends and my bf trust me with them .there"friends" and nothing more .so aslong as u to trust eachother everything will be fine. i mean he must have girl friends he hangs out with so its only far if u hang out with the guys too:)

- Response by rockerchik3, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

Nope I wouldn't consider it cheating at all if I were to hang out with my male friends. But that is just me and how the people I even consider dating think. As we can usually agree that if there is nothing in the way of romantic feelings going on between us and our friends there is nothing wrong with hanging out with opposite sex friends. Cause after all they be no different than same sex friends.

Now for your situation it is up to you and your guy to determine your own cheating standard to determine if this is cheating or not by either of your standards. If it is then you are cheating. If its not then you aren't. Still up to you two what you consider cheating and why.

- Response by CursedRomantic, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Columbus, Student

I have plenty of guy friends and I would let my boyfriend know when I'm hanging out with them sure but if he won't allow it then we simply won't be together. I am not a child and I'll hang out with whomever I chose. I'd let my man hang out with female friends. If i couldn't trust him to do that again we simply won't a do not need to be together.

No, I wouldn't call hanging out with other guy friends cheating on your boyfriend as long as you are NOT having sex with any of them.

- Response by sleeksasy06, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?