How can I make a living through Avon?
Career / 9:03 PM - Thursday July 23, 2009

How can I make a living through Avon?

I am an Avon rep. I KNOW That Avon is amazing..but I can't seem to get any customers. I am losing my job this weekend, so I am relying on major Avon help for cash especially because I have 3 kids. Any ideas on how to get more customers? I've even put up a website to buy directly from Avon, but no hits..sheesh!

- Asked by xtorts, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Self-Employed

I don't know of anyone who made a living through Avon or Mary Kay or anything like that. Suplemented their income..yes.

Sorry to hear of your job loss...these are tough times.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Artist / Musician / Writer

I don't know anything about Avon..But you might get samples from the company and throw an Avon party. Also, contact other Avon reps (check their website) and get ideas from them.

Also, try finding a target group, sell on the fact it is affordable, and believe in your product.

Around here the Avon lady puts an Avon pamphlet on people's driveway's. Kind of a hit or miss that way.

- Response by A Career Woman, Female, 29-35

have someone like friends or family put your link on there myspace or face book. you can also print out a ad and put them up on bill boards @ walmart or target.
if you have a myspace put the link out there to your website or create a banner so people can put the banner on there page so people can check it out!

hope this helps!

- Response by SICDEVIL2, A Creative, Female, 22-25, Detroit, Military

Three kids and no husband.... what? He forgot how to do his share with child support? And how can you be losing your job....if your self employed? Just wondering

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

You can't. My wife tried it for quite a while. You end up making a living for them,not you.

keep books out with your name in veriouse places..im a loyal avon buyer..one thing i find is they dont stay on top their buyers..i just dropped my lady due to the fact i fail to get my orders for months..i placed a order in late may im going into end of july still no order..word of mouth will pass..

- Response by lynn65, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

you can't, hun. Like the anon said, you can supplement your income but you can't make a living off this.

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

I don't even like Avon products. My mom used to sell it when I was a teenager. She ended up BUYING more stuff for us than selling products to others. Now...the roll-on perfume deodorant, I liked, but you get better and cheaper stuff at Wal-Mart these days.

- Response by trueseeker82, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

You will have to come up with a business plan. Start networking through different websites with other home business people in your area. Hold a "Moms Night Out" with other home party companies! This especially works well around the holidays. Go to networking groups (usually the Chamber of Commerce holds a couple every month). Write a list of everybody you know. Call them and/or send them a letter and let them know you are selling Avon and are using it as your main source of income for awhile.
Make it a goal to hand out at least 5 business cards a day. Put business cards and fliers throughout your city and cities near by. You can usually leave these on bill boards at nail salons, hair salons, bars, grocery stores, a college campus, coffee shops, etc... If you go out to dinner anywhere, leave a card with the tip for your waitress.
Offer banner exchanges with other people with websites. There are so many things you can do. If you need more ideas feel free to email me.

- Response by boudoirnovelties, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Consulting