Rules when visiting long distance kinda sorta b/f?
Dating / 6:26 PM - Thursday July 23, 2009

I have some leave coming up at the end of next month for my 25th Bday. I met a guy about 4 months ago, one weekend who lives in Mississippi, since then we have talked by phone daily, text, and emailed. He wants me to come and visit and I think I want to also, I am taking 2 weeks worth of leave, but I was thinking to visit him for about 2 days before I go home to see my family (Yeah my mom lol). He wants me to stay with him, He lives alone on base, so I think it will be safe, What is the proper etiquette for these things? DO I pay for all my arrangments, flight, car rental etc? Should I get a hotel, since I have only been around him in person once briefly?
I told him that IF I come that there will be no sex if I am not comfortable and I choose not to. Period. Other then that rule Im not too sure.
Please advise.

- Asked by misssparkle, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Administrative

if you got your own hotel you have control over it....if he pays for anything then he will have more expectations and you will feel obliged to him.

so pay for all your own stuff...cept maybe a few meals with him that he will cover. I do not advise staying with him...that will make you feel obliged and him feel like he has more power in the situation.

- Response by sirkermittsg, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Dallas, Transportation

Since you only know him casually and this is your first time meeting in person, paying for the flight/travel is on you. He should however at the very least make an offer to help you cover the costs. You certainly should get a hotel as not having any other place to stay besides with him restricts your options and will be highly awkward if you find your chemistry in person over an extended period is not what you expected. It would be fine crashing at his place if you were only friends but since you are both interested in more this is unwise for the moment.

- Response by funkymustafa, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Boston, Military

WHY DON'T YOU TAKE A FRIEND WITH YOU AND THERE WON'T BE ANY PRESSURE FOR EITHER OF YOU, PLUS IT'S SO DANGEROUS OUT THERE, SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL

- Response by sexygrandma, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Retired