Would you let your girlfriend live with a guy roommate who sometimes she goes out drinking with?
Dating / 4:31 PM - Thursday July 23, 2009

Been dating this girl for 2 months, in love. Yesterday she told me she might need to live with this guy (a friend of hers) for 5-7 months as a roommate due to some complicated legal issue. I'm thinking of breaking up with her to avoid leading myself into jealousy and paranoia.

Why can't she live with YOU for that length of time? Have you even offered?

Why does she "legally" have to live with him? What's up with that?

You 2 need to talk.

And

You are so NOT IN LOVE with her if your first thought is DUMP THE BITCH.

That ain't love.

This says you do'nt trust her.A relationship is built on trust.Go your own way.

I would break up with her for a million other reasons. If she really moves in with another man, then your problems HAVE JUST begun.

But, you already know this. :(

would I allow it? no way. talk about your ideal situation for adultery. its just WRONG. if she's available and willing to be in an HONEST relationship, then she needs to PROVE it with her actions.

I would find this quite suspicious. 1-The 'complicated legal issue'. What the hell does that mean? Sounds like Drama to me. 2-This guy is more than a standard roommate if they go out drinking. Drinking always lead to "it was the alcohol". 3-How old is she that she has to live with someone else and can't manage her own two feet? Dependency issues? Life not together?

I don't know dude... I'd back off, watch closely and see what happens, but I'd not be investing anything more into this without time passing to reveal what's really up.

Two months isn't a long time to state such a claim. If you can't trust her you shouldn't be with her.

Don't let your emotions take control of logical decisions dude. My last girlfriend had lots of platonic friends and it was never a problem. There's two issues here. One: can you trust her? Has she ever sent you any signals to make you feel she can't be trusted? If so, then, yeah, this is NOT a positive situation for you. two: do you sometimes worry about stuff that never ends up happening? you may be overreacting, if that's the case. My problem is that I use to break up with girlfriends because I want to beat them to the punch. it may save me some crap and fallout, but then I still have them in my bloodstream, always wondering what if. That feels worse man. So try to keep you emotions in check, and your antena up, and hang in there till it really does become a problem. Because you never know, it could work out. Stranger things have happened.

- Response by rocketfuel1, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Internet / New Media

All right, I know friends who have roommates of opposite sex. They party together, go out drinking together and even cook for each other. What's the big deal?

But why legal issue? That part I'm not sure about...

- Response by andreagillels, A Creative, Female, 26-28, New York

Yeah I can see how that would come about. Do you just want to break up, or do you think that you could handle it if you trust her?
I mean he will be there all the time and you know he can influence her decisions about relationships issues. A girl I was seeing was living with a guy roommate and when she and i hit a rough spot then I knew she would talk to him about it and next thing I know...she does not want anything to do with me, surprise surprise.

- Response by genericname, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Other Profession