What does the word "dating" mean to mean to men? women?
Dating / 11:25 PM - Wednesday July 22, 2009

When you first start off dating someone, to me it doesn't mean you guys are official yet until someone makes a move for example the first kiss. With that being said, I think you are untitled to date multiple people at once. Maybe thats just me, what do you think?

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

My definition of dating when when you meet a guy/girl and you go through the getting to know you stage. You go on dates and hang out during free times. You are not officially a couple and during that time you could date other people because you are not a couple. I think people tend to think people are in relationships when dating because they get physical which you are not supposed to do because you are getting to know the person.

Nothing is official until it is said so in agreement by both people. Dating implies that you are interested enough in a person to spend time to get to know one another. Then if all goes well then decide if they would want a commitment. So don't kiss anyone you aren't sure of where they stand with you. You are entitled to date other potential mates if you are still available.

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

dating: call each other pretty much everyday hang out, make out, hook up, talk about what pisses you off and makes you happy.

- Response by ready4sumfun, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

A simple kiss does not constitute "official" Dating means just that, dating, and that means with other people.

- Response by trhjr1, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Retired