I said I love you. He didn't respond back.
Sex & Intimacy / 10:02 AM - Monday July 20, 2009

My boyfriend and I were laying on the couch. I whispered into his ear and said I love you. He didn't have a bad reaction to it he just said are you really and I said yes. And the rest of the time he just held me. When I left about two hours later we were hugging and kissing and I said in a playful way I love you....he was quiet and he wouldn't really look me in the eye until I said whats wrong. He says its to soon.I said I know, and I told him I don't expect him to say it right away to me. So I texted him 5 mins later and asked if he felt weird. he texted back I dunno, I care for you alot. I texted back and said I know the timing isnt ideal for you but its how I feel and I wanted to tell you. I also told him thats why I have been fighting with him alot because I was trying so hard to find a reason not to fall for him. He didn't say anything after that but throughout the whole week he has been normal with me. I want to know what he is thinking. Ive been with him for 11 months now. My friends all think its odd he can't say it to me but they agree that it could have gone worse and he could have freaked out about it. He was pretty cool about it in front of me.

If you give him time and be patient he'll probably return the "I love you".

In the mean time make sure you're keeping the relationship exciting. Don't get into a rut where you're just watching tv, etc. because he might get bored and be scared off by that.

If you take trips together and do interesting things he'll be more invested and have a wide range of positive memories to attach to you.

- Response by clearspiral, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

he did not know how to answer as you dropped a bomb on him.

You're making too big a deal of this.

If you don't want a reaction, don't say it. He clearly didn't react the way you HOPED he'd react (however much you tell yourself you don't need to hear it back) and you feel weird because of it.

Just forget it ever happened,and get on as normal. He is.

- Response by alex86, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28

put yourself in his position. if someone told you they loved you...what reasons would you have to NOT say it back?
Sounds like a pretty awesome guy though, some of them would just plain bolt if they weren't ready for that, but he's still taking the time to be with you, THAT shows that he does have feelings for you.

- Response by trueseeker82, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

well if he didnt think you were special .... he'd be gone by now..... but Loves a Big deal to some people..... at least people that mean it...... he could be like a lot a guys and say right before you say yes to sex....

Welll.... It may suck, but after that long he just doesn't love you...
I have only told ONE guy that first, and it was a HUGE MISTAKE.... But you can't make someone feel something they JUST don't feel, I guess.... You have hope though, at least he didn't just ignore you............

- Response by nicolegillenwater, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

He was probably thinking about how hot your girlfriend is and you rudely interrupted him.

- Response by sphincterboy, A Trendsetter, Male, 66 or older, Dhaka, Celebrity