A friend of mine told me that you can't possibly love someone after 5 months of dating
Dating / 2:19 PM - Tuesday July 14, 2009

and that it is just passion and infatuation at that point. What do you think?

I disagree. It all depends on how much time you spend with that person and what you do in that amount of time. I loved my hubby after about 4 months.

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

When I told my sweetie at fourth months -- "I love you" -- he did not respond.

At five months he explained we had not been dating long enough to know if we were in love or not. But he did love me five months worth.

He told me the first of this month -- he now loves me 27 months worth.

I agree with your friend.

I agree.

I agree.

- Response by pepperman46, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55

I'm thinking that your friend doesn't have a clue about what it means to truly love someone.

- Response by ocelotspot, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

I don't think that it is impossible, but improbably yes. You are both still putting your best foot forward. But, every situation is different, and every relationship is different. That isn't to say that the person you know at 5 months is still the same person in another year. People do try their best to hide their flaws and only show them accidentially. Only time will tell and I really wouldn't worry about what other people think. You are the only who has to live your life so be happy!

- Response by sgross01, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Executive

For me no, for someone else, maybe. Each person is different. I could never love someone after that short of period but my friends...after 2 weeks thought so.

- Response by fizzzzle, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Student

I think it's possible to love someone after 5 months, but it depends on how much time you've spent together and how well you really know each other. There's a difference between loving the idea of someone and the way you feel when you're with them and loving who you know they are inside.

I agree. you have not enough time to get to know someone fully and fall in love with.

Here's my take on love. I think you can feel love for someone after that short time, but since it takes much longer to really get to know someone, it's possible for that love to fade. You react on what you know at the time. A year from now, you'll know more and be better able to make a sound judgment.

- Response by mariposa3333, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

Sweetheart you can love someone past five months, you can love someone for life if that love comes from the heart and if it's deep within.

- Response by applevine, A Thinker, Female, 56-65

Bull to the shit, the way a person makes you feel can be instant and it should be instant, learning a person and what they have to offer you will take a lifetime but LOVE has no boundaries

I think this makes sense.

- Response by mrsmm, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?