Can I ask if he is sleeping with anyone else?
Dating / 1:41 PM - Sunday July 12, 2009

So I want to thank the people who responded to my last question, because it really made me think that this is DEFINITELY not the right time for relationship talk, so that will wait awhile.
What I am wondering, however, is if it's ok for me to ask if he is sleeping with anyone else besides me. I don't sleep around, and I don't really agree with that kind of behavior. I sleep with one person, and one person only, whether I'm in a committed relationship or if it's just casual. Is it alright to ask him what he's doing?

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student

i like to be blunt, too.

sure, you COULD ask, but he may lie...

- Response by isotope, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Science / Engineering

When you are starting to go out with someone, there should be no problem at all in asking them who all they are dating. Why should that be a secret? If they want to go out with several at the same time, no prob, as long as you know and agree. How many they are having sex with you absolutely need to find out before you drop your knickers.

I consider it a matter of prerogative if I'm planning to sleep with a man. You need to know how many others you're dealing with and to be assured he's being safe and responsible about it. Now days you can't just assume, you have to be proactive.