All the really pro-active, successful people get up early.
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 7:47 PM - Friday July 10, 2009

I have always had trouble getting up, a throwback to a history of depression.

I keep promising myself I'll get up at 6am, but fail every morning.

Tips for getting this a** moving in the morning?

(No sex jokes- I'm single and PMSing at the mo, you have been warned! :P )

- Asked by alex86, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28

I spent most of my adult life hitting the ground running at around 0500/5:00 a.m.
Now, I don't have to on a regular basis but sometimes I still need to get-up at the asscrack of dawn.

I think the first thing to do is to drink a glass of water before bed. When that alarm goes off, you're gonna HAVE to get up.
Once you're up, go straight into the shower and then, have coffee or tea or an energy drink... whatever gets you going.

Some folks just aren't morning people just like some folks aren't night owls. If you HAVE to get up, you have to do something to get you started.

- Response by jenny12, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Here's a good start:

If you want to wake early, you need to go to bed early. 10-11 max or you will feel like shit in the morning. If you drink or smoke at night that doesn't help.

Waking up early takes patience and practice like all things in life. If you sleep late now, do not expect this to change over night. Ive been waking up at 6:30 every morning since I was 15, for school, then and now work. Its clockwork for me at this point. I dont need an alarm clock really. And strange things happen when I wake up at 6:27.

Train your brain. You need to be consistent and it will happen. I used to have a coffee maker ( I now have a Kurieg, single cup 30 sec perfection) and I would set it at night to brew at 6:20. First thing I did, and do in the morning is bathroom and straight to a cup of coffee. Set it, wake up and drink it. Put on the news, light up a butt, and well, your now a pro-active successful waker-upper! Good luck.

- Response by majickman1125, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Fitness

Put a very annoying alarm clock on the other side of the room..you know one that gets louder the longer you ignore it..works everytime..Smile!

- Response by cjs1991, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Teaching

I would try going to bed EARLIER. If you need say, 8 straight hours? You need to go to bed earlier than normal to get up earlier.