He asked me if I love him & then after I said "yes" he told me that he is isn't sure if he loves me.
Dating / 1:59 PM - Friday July 10, 2009

My boyfriend asked me via email (!) yesterday if I love him. He said he wanted our relationship to grow through honesty. I felt like I was put on the spot. We talked on the phone later yesterday and he again asked if I love him. He was really pressing the issue and wanted to find out over the phone instead of waiting until we met in person to discuss it.

He kept asking me and I said "Yes, I do love you" and asked how he feels about me. He wouldn't answer and told me we'll talk about it in person. Then he accused me of piggy-backing off of his question (!) since I asked him if he loves me back. I told him that it isn't fair to ask someone if that person loves you without being willing to share how you feel in return. He then said "Well, I don't know if I love you. I'm confused". WTF!? Then why the hell did he press an answer out of me? Did he just want to hear that I love him to get his ego stroked? And how does he expect our relationship to "grow" after this?