My brother stole money from me! What should I do I have not seen him yet!?
Family & Parenting / 1:15 AM - Sunday July 05, 2009

Geez everytime I try to get along with my brother he screws me over! Anways right before I took a shower I had a lot of 1 dollar bills in my purse loose so I put them all together in a side pocket with four $5 bills left my purse on the kitchen table. I got out of the shower and while changing in my room I heard my brother asking for money from my mom (he just finally got a job won't be getting paid till friday) to go to the movies with his girlfriend I dislike not only I let that go but had already gave him permission to use my car to take her. Anyways I had plans to go with my group of friends to go to the movies I get there to pay my ticket I was gonna hand him two of $5 bills and to my surprise there missing I only have the $1 bills!!!grr I call him of course does not answer ..text him no answer!? What should I do? I would hate to hide my own belongings in my own home! Anyways I called my mother and she said we were all gonna have a talk apparently she didn't give him money so he went and stole money from me I'm angry!

Update: July 05, 2009.
He just denied it! When hello he was the only one at the time at home and my mother. What is he gonna blame the dogs? Ugh what do I do?

- Asked by crystalsordiamonds, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Student

#1 have the talk with mom. #2 get yourself a cheap little lock box or handgun safe [for the size] keep your money or entire wallet in there when home. The gun safe can be had for $25 or so and has quick 3-4 button access that takes less than 2 seconds to get in.
Sadly, your brother cant be trusted and altho he may pay you back with moms insistance, its really not that uncommon. My 2 boys have had lock boxes since they were about 10 just so they didnt misplace money. Now, they're a really convienient way to "play broke" when the other brother "needs to borrow" some caah.

If he is stealing NOW, wait til God forbid there is an estate. My sister forged over $160,000 against the family estate, and moved to another state so she would not be prosecuted.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

Show him some "sisterly tough love" and kick his ass when he gets home.
Then next week when he gets paid go and take everything holding it from him for a 1/2 or whole day.

- Response by msgg, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Managerial

tell him you were gonna offer the jerk the money but since he has to STEAL, he needs either to apologize to you or never show his lowlife face again near you.....Just my feelings if it were my brother.

My sister has been stealing money (and other valuable stuff) from me (and the rest of the family) since I don't know when. When confronted she would deny and even threaten to sue us, lol, yeah right, as if she has the money. At this point we already know that it's a chronic condition and she needs psychological help for all her dishonest actions, maybe you can consider that option.