I'm a good catch- so why am I still alone?
Dating / 4:10 AM - Thursday July 02, 2009

I'm an easy going, friendly, responsible young lady. I'm reasonably attractive and health conscious. I have a good job and my own appartment ; and several long lasting friends. All of my friends and co-workers don't know why I'm still single. One even told me I was a good catch. So why am I still alone?

I'm a mother and most men can't deal with having a teenager and it's cool. They're mature enough to know what they can and can't not handle. I accept that and I'm Okay with being single until my child off to college.

As for you, I don't know you personally and what I can say is if you don't worry about it, you will find one. Men attract to cool girl who doesn't give a damn about them, that is where they find you unique, challenge and make them want to know more.

But I think you rather wait for the right one then having bad relationships in between

Best

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

You're a good catch from your friends' perspective. It doesn't mean a single guy whom you see/notice in a library, park or wherever knows you're a good girl. What does it tell you? It tells that you need to work on your "self-presentation" so to speak. It sounds lame but guys pay attention to little unusual accessories. I like hats, especially in summer. So I wear hats and I get noticed by everyone because a lady wearing a faminine hat stands out. or I paint some weird designs on my nails, you'll be surprised how many men pay attention to your nails and make comments. Once they start talking to you, you have the possibility to show your personality. to sum up, stand out, whether with your attitude or your unique appearance.

- Response by chichek, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Moscow, Other Profession

no one can answer that but you hun. perhaps you aren't looking? only passively allowing the guys to check you out. no flirting with the ones you like and always settling for anything. or perhaps you aren't in the right place at the right time. if you are looking for a tech/medical guy you aren't at the lunch places next to their work but instead are in the bars with the drunk cowboys. or perhaps you feel online is only for nerds, when it can be a powerful tool that puts you out there 24/7 for all the see, along with a blurp about what you are looking for.

just because you are all of those things doesn't mean that there will always be someone ready to scoop you up. it may take a while before you find someone. try no to worry about being "alone" and enjoy your time with friends, family, life and someone will bump into you and you will find your someone. just let it happen naturally.
Best of Luck,
~S

- Response by angel325, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

When you stop worrying about it, is when you will meet HIM.

So start STOPPING NOW. :)

It does take time to meet a good person and I know, I've been burnt to many times trying to hard. Now I'm patient and hope to find a nice lady. So don't worry we will find a good catch to.

- Response by lifestyle, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Houston

Don't feel alone. I have been in the same situation for a very long time. And many people have always wondered why I'm still single. I used to think it was because there was something wrong with me, that I wasn't pretty enough, thin enough or whatever. But now I realize it's nothing like that!
We will meet the one we are supposed to be with when we are most comfortable with ourselves, and when we love ourselves first. Until we learn how to love and accept ourselves, we won't be able to truly love another person. And I've recently just learned this.
Hang in there, you are SO not alone in this situation! There are a lot of us out there still searching for the right one! Good luck dear!

- Response by therealmeismasked, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Tampa

I think before someone could answer that they would first have to ask you have you EVER been in a relationship with someone?If so,how did you and they meet and how and why did it end?

- Response by justme38271, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Consulting

Just stay picky and don't lessen your values. The right one will come along!

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Because you don't put yourself OUT there where the men are. You don't know how to flirt and tease. You can't pick up the phone and invite the man YOU are interested in, to a simple social event.

You don't say a word about previous relationships, so I have no idea what is really going on here .... other than you think you are a "good catch". Mid-twenties is a bit early to be fretting about your love life .... this is the time to enjoy your life to the fullest as a single woman! How much travelling have you done? What do you do to expand you horizons ... and you mind? WHO are you attracted to? Are you straight or gay? If you are looking for guys your same age, they are usually still rather immature and needing to develop careers ... not even close to marriage material, by any means!!

But, back to relationships, do you KNOW how to be in a relationship? I am shocked at the number of twentysomethings that think "hooking up" and being in a relationship are the same thing. Do a little reading about relationship dynamics, and when a suitable person comes along, you will be more emotionally equipped to be in a healthy relationsip.

Hope this gives you some food for thought ... there really wasn't much to go on from the information you provided.

Tink

- Response by tinkrbl, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Self-Employed