Can someone's feelings change overnight?
Dating / 7:11 AM - Wednesday July 01, 2009

I was engaged to get married, and even though there were problems in our relationship, he always talked about the future together. One night he comes home and tells me "this isn't working". Is it possible for someone's feelings to change overnight?

sounds like he cheated. and is now having second thoughts.

It was not over night

when people do not talk about how they feel it can seem like a

sudden change but it is a slow process of

disease, avoidence, and hope

the ones start not being able to avoid there feelings

then one has to pay attention ...then it seems overnight

and then again as mentioned some times I have seen every thing

is fine until they meet some one they are interested in

which does not make you any less than , it is just a change

of interest. Grass seems greener

Chances are his feelings didn't change over night, more likely he'd been thinking about it for a long time and had been trying to make it work for a long time and he just couldn't.

- Response by psychoticbabe1, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

Things have been going downhill for awhile and he just realized that it isn't going to work and is ready to come to terms with it.

- Response by wandatrick91, An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?

anything is possible... perhaps he's been harboring these changed feelings for a bit of time and finally admitted to himself and you that this is how he feels. its how people are sometimes...so don't stress yourself out over all the questions of why and how.

- Response by kramer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

No. It can not happen just overnight, I'm sure there was a stages before the final decision and feeling of wanting to let go.

- Response by lovehim1234, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Indianapolis, Retail

Feelings can change over a very short time, what is important is how you react to those change of feelings, and if those feelings were changed out of anger or a revelation of facts coming to light. Talk about it with them....

- Response by puniksem, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, London, Consulting

I think they can....
I think there comes an "I get it point".... where it all just comes together in your own mind. At that point, you see things differently....

Just be glad it didn't happen after you were actually married.

- Response by nicolegillenwater, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

it had probably been on his mind a long time.
there is also a chance he met someone else. i was engaged to be married and met someone else. i thought it was nothing but it turned out to be the woman i would eventually marry.

- Response by painless63, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55

Things didn't change overnight. You said there were problems in the relationship. Its obvious those problems were not making the relationship work. Just because you talk about having a future together, doesn't mean its actually going to happen. Its better to find out be fore you get married.

- Response by 3wiltedroses, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

It was not overnight.....he was just voicing what was slowing building up as a case in his mind....and how to present it to you. I am sorry for your pain.

- Response by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Yes he has been doing something wrong and maybe cheating and can't handle and just wanted an easy way out, by just doing that before getting caught.

- Response by lifestyle, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Houston

No, feelings do not change overnight. My best guess would be that he had been feeling this way for a while and just didn't have the nerve to say anything..it probably just kept building up until he had to say it

- Response by greeneyedbeauty88, A Thinker, Female, 22-25