What am I supposed to do or say when my boyfriend tries to make me jealous?
Dating / 9:25 PM - Tuesday June 30, 2009

My boyfriend purposely says things to try to make me jealous- even though he knows i am not a jealous girlfriend. For example, he will bring up the same story multiple times over & over about how when we went to this party some girl kept grabbing his chest and stuff. This happened almost a year ago and he still brings it up from time to time. Or whenever he goes out somewhere he will make it a point to tell me if a girl hits on him or tries to give him her number. Honestly, I am a very confident girl and I get alot of looks from guys as well and get hit on too- but I don't make it a point to tell him every single time it happens.
He just makes me feel so awkward when he says these things- and I know that when he keeps bringing it up he is obviously trying to get at me..usually I just ignore it, but that doesn't really work since he keeps doing it..
any suggestions?

obviously he's very insecure to have to keep doing this. the girl probably didn't even grab his chest, matter of fact he probably never even went to the party, he's making it all up .
tell him it's not necessary for him to keep doing this . you know he hot and that's why you love him. boost his ego , he must need it. lol

- Response by pennyxoc, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

tell him to grow up.. this is game only for the very insecure and it comes across as needy,

You are supouse to say BYE
he is insecure immature CREEP who is feeding his ego on your rattled nerves ....

- Response by shygirl1979, A Career Woman, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

I think he's trying to convince himself that he is worthy of YOU. He's insecure, and he's going to make sure he convinces himself even if he has to prove it by getting more and more involved with other girls. My ex was the same way. I think he's telling you subtlety that he is likely to wander.

- Response by twocents47, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Say "Bye." I would. He's an immature creep that's trying to make himself look better by pretending that other people are after him. I wouldn't put up with it.

Even though he is not cheating on you, he is the kind of guy who gets his self-worth from feeling wanted by the opposite sex. He has to tell you, because if he doesn't, how is he supposed to feel good about himself? What he doesn't realize is that this is so totally UNSEXY to most intelligent females.
I prefer a man who gets his feelings of self worth through accomplishments- degrees, promotions, sports awards, etc., so much more sexy! I think I would start to look elsewhere, this would not do it for me.

- Response by A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Medical / Dental

Good News: Guys like girls that aren't jealous and clingy, A woman who is confident in herself and has an air of detachment(non-jealousy ) drives men wild. Some women try to fake this attitude by acting aloof but the charm of a naturally non-jealous woman is kind, without pretense or defensiveness.

My fiancee used to try to make me jealous a lot (still does a bit). Ignoring it didn't make it go away. I found that being honest and direct worked out the best. I asked him directly why he enjoyed feeling that a woman was jealous over him -it turned out that it makes him feel more sexy, wanted, desired, etc.
I'm just not a jealous person by nature but I now recognize this behavior as a way of asking for my attention. And I don't mind, as long as he keeps it respectful. Like if he tells me a story about how a girl at a shop was flirting with him, I grab him close and kiss him and tell him "Well that's cause you look super hot today" sometimes I add in a bit of playful possessiveness because I know he likes it... (while still in a close embrace) I tell him "too bad, you're mine!
I wouldn't advice saying this if your guy has a big ego though, it could make him worse.

- Response by 2gamin, An Engaged Girl, Female, 36-45, San Francisco

hey ,

my boyfriend is the same !!! tonight he thought he was smug ...we went to a loft party together (im from out of town ) i dont know anyone at this party , he just leaves me at the bar and goes off with his friends... so i dont get mad i get even ! i talk to people all night , i can see him watching me but i ignore him . ... that makes him go crazy..now whoes the jealous one !!!

get him at his own game .

nayla

- Response by nayla23, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

You are not supposed to say anything, ever. You are the woman, no?

- Response by sphincterboy, A Trendsetter, Male, 66 or older, Dhaka, Celebrity