A lady I'm talking to online (have yet to meet) says she is 5' tall and weighs 120 lbs.
Dating / 9:00 PM - Sunday June 28, 2009

She says she's a size 4. Does this make sense? I have no idea what this means.

she's full of it. I'm 5'1 and weigh 112 and a size 4.

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

It means she is a little bitty lady. Keep in mind that a lot of women will wear a size 4 when they really are a size 7. She could be 120 lbs of skin and bones or she could be 120lbs. of muscle. Ask her to send you a picture so that you can get a better idea of what she looks like.

- Response by 3wiltedroses, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Depends on the clothes she buys. I am five feet and weigh 125. I have pants in size 4, 6 and 8. Depends on the manufacturer.

- Response by waitinggirl22, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles

A girl 5'4 and 120 pounds is around a size 6.

- Response by trhjr1, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Retired

I recently read an article about dieting and the author said it was so great to fit into a size 4. She later wrote she now weighs 145 pounds, and she is 5ft3in. I guess 4 is a lot bigger than I thought.

- Response by aoluserchick, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Consulting

It means she is built nicely

To be quite honest with you...the last time I weighed 120 lbs, I was 5'6" and just out of basic training. Think about it.

- Response by tortureu2, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Unless she's muscular, I don't think this is quite right. At her weight and height, she'd be more likely a size 6 or if she carries weight in the middle, size 8 even. Granted women's clothes run in varying sizes even when marked same size. For example, I can "get into" a 6 if by Gap or Old Navy but I "wear" size 8-10. Maybe she told you the smallest size she can get into... Unless shes training for Miss Fitness USA and has lot of lean muscle. Lol

Way to fat for you.....send her over to me....(shut up people!)

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Sounds like she is petite, only 5 feet tall.

I think she might be lying I am 5'1 and about 125, I'm a size 8...6 if generous. So to say she's a size 4 I highly doubt it.

Dantzi Jea

- Response by dantzijean, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Student

She lied because she doesn't know that at "5 foot, and 120 pounds" she wouldn't be a "size 4". Ask to see a REAL picture.

- Response by nursefromky, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

is that her "shoe" size?

Dude, I'm 5'1 and 120 lbs; and my skirt I'm wearing says Size 4. So yeah it can happen; but like someone else says, get a pic before you believe the words.

That's her ideal size as of now, she's probably of bigger size but she'd rather buy the size 4. Wearing a smaller size allows the shape of your body to be more visible, must look good on her. I know someone who buys two sizes smaller than her actual size, and she actually looks good.

- Response by simplyasking, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I date short women, and I agree with your other respondents - this gal is probably more like a size 6-7. She's not porcine, but she's not a string bean either.

She's probably either telling the truth or fudging just a little. But does it really matter?? She's little. Don't worry about it.

Don't fall for that-
This is a trick, the next thing you will be in a bathtub full of ice and your kidneys will be harvested.

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

she's short with small feet

- Response by CuppyCakey, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

My friend and I were the same size and height, but she was about 8 lbs heavier than me on the scale..Why? More muscle that me. She worked out a lot. ...Anyhow, I'll never understand why people try to meet a mate online. Creepy.

- Response by mimimachell, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

I'm an idiot for telling the truth?

In the past when I weighed 120, I was a size 6/7. I understand that sizes vary from country to country and even from store to store but for the most part I AM a size 4.

And when I weighed 120 I had no muscle it was all fat for ME.

I'm all muscle NOW at this weight. So SCREW YOU anon woman :P

Well.... probably not... But I'm about her size and I haven't heard any recent complaints. I'm a 6/8/ occasionally 10.

You're kindof an Ass for caring, IMO....

Geeez you're 46 at least and still single, MAYBE it's time to be a bit less physically judgemental, no?

- Response by nicolegillenwater, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

I'm 5'2" and 119 lbs. I'm betw a size 4/6. It could be that she's very toned/muscular. Muscle weighs more than fat.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, New York, Who Cares?

Well, I happen to be training for Miss Fitness USA (seriously!), and I am 5ft tall, weigh 120 lbs and usually wear a 0-2. It is crazy sometimes when I step on the scale because I am smaller than when I was in college weighing 110 lbs. Less fat, more muscle. It's funny to see people say, "nope, she's lying, I am 120 lbs and wear a 6/8". Helll-oooo! C'mon people, everyone has a different body and no one has the same proportions. Additionally, dense bones are heavier too. I have been an athlete my whole life, and have built lean, dense muscle and bone. Please do not pretend to know all about the human body when you don't. Thank you!

- Response by A Sportif, Female, 29-35

Let me guess, you're probably 5'8" and weigh 250 lbs and you're worried about her size?! Puh-leeze, dude!

It means she's lying!!!!!!!!!!!