Do men really care if you are a few pounds overweight - some belly fat and not perfectly toned?
Sex & Intimacy / 8:22 AM - Saturday June 27, 2009

Women put a lot of emphasis on their appearance - we are more self-concious.

Do guys really think to themselves when their naked with a woman - oh she has a belly pouch, a little extra on the hips, etc! Or, are they just focused on feeling good?

If you treat me right and I treat you right, why would I give a shit if you put on a few pounds? Feed me right, I know I will put on a few pounds too! :0

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I don't think guys really care....sure they would like a toned sexy body all the time but when it comes to getting some sex I think the urge and excitement takes over and they don't pay attention to our faults as judgemental as we do about our body.

a few pounds, no. as long as you are in the BMI of 18.5-21, most men don't care. the BMI 21.1 - 25 is ok, but most men will say something. BMIs of 25+ will usually not be given a chance to find out.

I think men want their women to be in good shape but they are not as obsessed about a few extra pounds as we are. This question would be best answered by a man, I guess, but I think a clean, well-groomed, sexually alive and confident woman with a few extra pounds would be more appealing to a man than a poorly groomed skeleton of a gal who has little interest in sex or is too sickly to participate, or who might give her partner a splinter during the act LOL!!!

- Response by barbear, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Teaching

Forget BMI's and POUNDS. No guy is walking around looking at women guessing her damn BMI. Lol Let REALITY answer your question--look at all of the women in this category that are with Men and you have your answers.

From what I can tell and what Men have said, as long as a woman does not get so big that it can be assumed she 'let herself go', then she has a pretty good chance of being found attractive by someone. Height and Weight proportionate is important too. Being 5'1" at 150pds is not a good situation; probably dealing with a severe top or bottom heavy person as opposed to curvy or balanced. Being 5'10" and 150 and you have a size 8 healthy type (unless she's horribly unbalanced too). Lol

I don't think men are as obsessed about a few extra pounds as we are. I think that if a girl is well-groomed, enthusiastic and playful about sex and nice she will be more sexually appealing to a man than a gal who is a poorly groomed skeleton, unenthusiastic about sex or not nice - plus she could give the guy some splinters during the act LOL!! Probably guys could answer this better than I but if you are not a complete OINK I don't think that a little extra on the hips is a game ender - in fact many men find somewhat voluptuous women more appealing than skinny girls. It all depends on the guy. If you are clean and sweet and you like guys and they know it - relax!! Just don't let the poundage get out of hand.

Generally if they have a belly pouch they are not getting naked with me unless they are a old friend or something but some guys are ok with it

I think that most men don't care much about the actual weight, it is all in how the weight looks on you. They don't care if you have a few extra pounds as long as you have curves. If it is in proportion to the rest of you. If it still looks good, they are ok with it.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

Most of us couldn't care less about those ridiculous body image issues that you women obsess over.

Women really don't get it. Sooo many women have this narrow view of men that we expect perfect butts and boobs and that any less is to be treated as yesterday's newspaper. Few of us guys have perfect bodies ourselves and thus don't expect that of a woman. You are approaching middle age. Us middle aged guys do not at all expect a perfect body, just so that you are not really overweight

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media

I think men don't really 'notice' when a woman has a little 'extra' around the waist or the hips because it actually gives more 'cushion for the pushing'...lol...realis tically, I think men like a woman with a little meat on her bones because it gives the impression that she is soft and lovable...women obsess over their bodies enough, men just love a woman who is confident and takes care of herself...:D